Harris Decisions

madman

Well... it's VERY hard to beat such an offer from Princeton! HKS would have to try very hard :) And, being on their waitlist, I really wish you were among those admitted =)

Unfortunately, HKS did not show me any love :lol: I was given the denied verdict for the MPP program. I would not have been able to attend anyways if I did not get any funding!

Amazing how some people seem to never learn how to lose!... I am actually GLAD that there is not even a chance that me and this "educated" person will be in the same class!

Maybe that girl from UCLA's political science program will be happy to meet you!

Fu*$ U Chicago. I'm going to UCLA.

So has anyone heard today (Saturday) or should those of us still waiting give up til Monday?

I heard back a few hours ago (around 12:00 pm EST)--got in, but without any funding. Best of luck to all!

Congrats!!! I am happy for you and even more anxious for myself!!!! NOTHING in my inbox so far!!! Have you seen if the updated your status on the application page??

Just heard back! Full ride + stipend. Not as pissed that they took so long to come back now. Good luck everyone!

In but no funding....tough decision, this was my dream school but I think I will head for the money JHU is offering, and they are quite a lot.

Good luck to all!

For those who heard today (Saturday), do you mind telling us where your names fall in the alphabet?

In but no funding....tough decision, this was my dream school but I think I will head for the money JHU is offering, and they are quite a lot.

Good luck to all!

In but no funding as well. Probably will choose Heinz over this, but will take a few days to make my final decision.

EDIT: last name begins with 'W'

Edited by Slow

EDIT: last name begins with 'W'

Last name starts with T.

Last name starts with an F. Not sure if my online app status got updated, but will check once I get to a computer!

Wow, "WTF"... how fitting!

...still waiting, too...

Guys,

I just got me decision 20 minutes ago. Like most of you, I have been admitted with no funding (in my case, understandable since I had ridiculously low GMAT scores, but still...)!!!

I am unsure I will be able to borrow so much money being an international student and having other responsibilities, but will try very hard and Hopefully will be glad to meet those who choose Harris in the Fall. Otherwise, I might have to improve my standardized scores, work and save up some more money, and reapply next year...

It was a pleasure sharing this experience with you guys! I hope all of us have a great program lined up for the coming years!!!

Blue Skies!!!

Last name starts with G! It does not seem that the decisions are coming in any particular order! Fingers crossed and good vibes for you!

For those who heard today (Saturday), do you mind telling us where your names fall in the alphabet?

Amazing how some people seem to never learn how to lose!... I am actually GLAD that there is not even a chance that me and this "educated" person will be in the same class!

Maybe that girl from UCLA's political science program will be happy to meet you!

U Chicago's inability to send decisions has allowed me ample time to look into other programs and choose another. I had my heart set on Harris becuase it was my logical "best" choice and the location fit perfectly with my future plans. However, since this terrible decision process, I have already accepted an admission at another institution. I feel the $70 fee for Harris was a learning experience and just because something has a good name does not mean it will live up to it. Sadly, there are many in this forum who seem to feel the sam to include the UCLA aceptee who may have chosen, like others, to attend another college instead of waiting for the third forthcoming deadline to be stated and pass. For this reason, 2013 will likely not be a legacy class for Harris. They lost their competitive edge for this MPP year group at this point.

Your strawman argument comparing an incompetent diatribe with the posters frustration concerning Harris is no more intelligent than his statement.

MCL

Sure enough... intelligent are those who judge the quality of a program based on whether or not its Admissions Office can meet a deadline. I feel some frustration on your post perhaps more so for not being admitted than for the wait per se. All schools that I am aware of will give admitted students plenty of time to make a decision, so your argument that Harris made you wait too long that you had no choice but to choose the other school is quite faulty -- or maybe you are just a bit too naive to rush on such an important decision in your life!

Anyhow, I just cannot find any rationale to justify someone's anxiety and frustration in curses against an entire school (an attitude, in my view, similar enough to the UCLA girls who used her school name in vain in a terrible attempt to curse another culture!). But what can I do if some do not have enough sense of humor to understand some irony?

Be Good,

Your strawman argument comparing an incompetent diatribe with the posters frustration concerning Harris is no more intelligent than his statement.

MCL

Sorry! I had to respond, but you are right and I won't extend myself... Best of luck!

Let's stay focused people. Some of us are still waiting for responses and need this thread for updates on what's happening.