U Mich Ford School

Is what only for admitted students? The GSI/GSSA digest? No...though obviously it'd be useless if you weren't eventually admitted to a program at U-M. I suppose anyone could sign up for the digest.

I was not clear with my question. I thought it is for those in the second year. Thanks for the info, mate.

I got my admit about 5 mins ago! Yay.....not word on funding yet though. They will contact students next week they said....I hope you all get good news soon. Good luck! Oh in case you are wondering I am an international student from Africa..B)

Edited by abogs78

Just got an admittance email too! Good luck to everyone!

Just got my admissions email as well! It said information about fellowships and financial aid will be forthcoming within the next week. Also, the spring preview weekend for admitted students will be April 8 and 9.

Oh my goodness! Just got an email accepting me into the Ford School!

It said funding info would come in the next week. The open house will be Friday and Saturday, April 8th and 9th, and assistance with travel expenses with that is available. I was waiting on several schools, but wasn't expecting Michigan so soon!

Yay!! Just got admitted into Ford's MPP Program!! Info about funding will be forthcoming within the next week. The Spring Preview weekend for admitted students will be April 8th and 9th. Good luck everyone!

Haha... you and I are on the same page.

I got an admit as well but my situation is sort of different. I actually applied to the dual degree program (MBA/MPP) at Michigan but I was waitlisted by their business school. However, I don't know if I can convince them to take me of their waitlist because of this news from the Ford School since an admit to one school does not guarantee an admit to another school :angry: . Weird, I know....I have a lot of thinking to do although even if they take me off business school waitlist, the business school will not offer me any funding/financial aid :blink:

I got an admit as well but my situation is sort of different. I actually applied to the dual degree program (MBA/MPP) at Michigan but I was waitlisted by their business school. However, I don't know if I can convince them to take me of their waitlist because of this news from the Ford School since an admit to one school does not guarantee an admit to another school :angry: . Weird, I know....I have a lot of thinking to do although even if they take me off business school waitlist, the business school will not offer me any funding/financial aid :blink:

Lots of students come here looking to pursue a dual degree without having an admit from the other program. You can simply apply again next fall. I know of at least three in my cohort who just went through the process and who were offered admission. Also, I know a few students who came here thinking they would end up applying to Ross as well but decided not to when they realized the MPP would be fulfilling enough for their future career goals.

The best advice I can give you is to come to preview weekend in April. While here, you could visit Ross and try to get a sense of whether you want to be a part of that community and if so how likely it is that you would be able to gain admission. Ross is a mere 3-5 minute walk from the Ford School.

Congrats on your Ford School admissions everyone. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Do you know if admissions will try to email everyone today?

Lots of students come here looking to pursue a dual degree without having an admit from the other program. You can simply apply again next fall. I know of at least three in my cohort who just went through the process and who were offered admission. Also, I know a few students who came here thinking they would end up applying to Ross as well but decided not to when they realized the MPP would be fulfilling enough for their future career goals.

The best advice I can give you is to come to preview weekend in April. While here, you could visit Ross and try to get a sense of whether you want to be a part of that community and if so how likely it is that you would be able to gain admission. Ross is a mere 3-5 minute walk from the Ford School.

Congrats on your Ford School admissions everyone. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Thank you for your insights Fadeindreams..they are always helpful. Well, unless the Ford School will be willing to pay as much as $2000 for my plane ticket from Africa to Michigan :rolleyes: for the preview weekend in April, I will surely be there and check out Ross as well! But I totally agree with you though I can always apply again next fall. Now I might be persuaded once the Ford School gives me some funds. I have already started putting together some GSA/GSI applications as well.....hopefully I will get some news on that. A wonderful weekend to everyone! Go Blue!!!!!

Crazy how up and down this whole process can be, right? Just a couple of hours ago I was feeling a bit down about getting wait listed at Princeton, and now I'm smiling again, thanks to an admission to Michigan and a very generous funding offer from Yale.

I'm not sure how everyone else is coping with the roller coaster ride of results, but I just keep trying to remind myself that there are a lot of great programs out there that can provide incredible and unique opportunities to those students who seek them out. No one school is perfect. I'm trying to have faith in the sometimes confounding admissions process by reminding myself and that things tend to work out in the end, even if it's not always as we might have envisioned or hoped.

Anyway, my congratulations to everyone who got good news from the Ford School today and my sympathies to those who don't get the result they were looking for.