University of Toronto (DLSPH)

Curlygrrl

Has anyone heard from Dalla Lana School of Public Health? Specifically interested in the Social Science and Health Doctoral Stream.

Just curious if anyone has heard anything or has any information to share?

Hello!

I am actually waiting to hear from them too. Even though I have accepted that it might just be hopeless, but still waiting. I applied to the masters program in health promotion.

Anyone heard from them yet?

Hey!

I've also applied to the MPH Health promotion program, and am still waiting to hear back! My application status is "Under Review" and I go a little bit more insane each day I wait. Hopefully we hear soon!

Hi!

Yes, that 'under review' status is killing me too, although I'd rather see that than a rejection. I am not sure when they will let people know, because I don't remember if I read anything about when they will start letting people know.

I hope that its sometime soon, so that we just know.

Good luck!

When I was accepted a few years back we got a mass e-mail notifying of our acceptance by Michael Goodstadt (director of HP) in the first or second week of April . I remember it being rather late- I had other offers that were letting me know if I don't accept their offers soon I will lose them. UofT doesn't seem to care that they put students through the ringer- looking back I should have seen this as a sign of the things to come.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! So close to first or second week of April..they are really taking their sweet time.

But I found that most schools in Ontario are taking a long time. Most of my programs are either saying - no decision yet or under review. It just increase bp everytime I see that (lol).

Good luck to everyone! And I hope its good news!

Hi,

I'm waiting to hear back from DLSPH's Social Science and Health Doctoral stream as well. I contacted them earlier in March and they said that they planned on mailing the decisions in mid-March, but I haven't received anything yet.

Did you receive an interview?

Has anyone heard from Dalla Lana School of Public Health? Specifically interested in the Social Science and Health Doctoral Stream.

Just curious if anyone has heard anything or has any information to share?

• 2 weeks later...

Called U of T Dalla Lana today, they have sent out all the rejection letters. If you don't get one it means you are likely on a waiting list or a list of people they don't want to reject just yet, as acceptances have also been sent out. So more waiting around just to be rejected at a later time. Good luck everyone.

Hi,

I'm waiting to hear back from DLSPH's Social Science and Health Doctoral stream as well. I contacted them earlier in March and they said that they planned on mailing the decisions in mid-March, but I haven't received anything yet.

Did you receive an interview?

Thank you so much for the info.

Was this for epi or health promotion?

Thanks.

Called U of T Dalla Lana today, they have sent out all the rejection letters. If you don't get one it means you are likely on a waiting list or a list of people they don't want to reject just yet, as acceptances have also been sent out. So more waiting around just to be rejected at a later time. Good luck everyone.

Don't fret, apparently the social and behavioural sciences is the only department not to have finished their acceptances (Health Promotion Masters comes under that department I think).

I

If only we knew whether health promotion is out or not?

rumour has it that the reason the PhD letters are delayed is because the department is shorting out funding, i.e., funding has been cut and they are contacting profs to see who has funding to help out students, to then determine how many people they can support / accept

sounds about right..in any case, decisions will be out in a week.

rumour has it that the reason the PhD letters are delayed is because the department is shorting out funding, i.e., funding has been cut and they are contacting profs to see who has funding to help out students, to then determine how many people they can support / accept

I assume everyone is still waiting like me??

Yep, the waiting game is terrible but I'm staying positive and thinking that no rejection letter is better than getting one.

I havent heard anything back regarding the Professional Option in Occupational & Environmental Health

My status on SGS still says Under Review.

Don't know, but I would guess email. In terms of stream, this is from the department that houses both streams, I can never remember the name.

Also, for which stream or both?

Health & Behavioural Science or Social Science & Health?

That was the vaguest response ever lol

Did YOU get accepted? Or did you hear from someone else who applied that got accepted?

And you aren't sure which stream?

Don't know, but I would guess email. In terms of stream, this is from the department that houses both streams, I can never remember the name.

• 2 weeks later...