Oh the Cruelty!

KreacherKeeper

So this morning I am reasoning is the earliest I may hear from a school that would let people know by the 15th (I am relying on highly speculative and spotty math here).

So I get up, get my coffee and sit down to look. I have not looked at the web site for a few days, trying to break my 'habit.' I go to the website and see a huge "CONGRATULATIONS!" where it used to say nothing. I think "Yea! I must have gotten into the school of my dreams, happiness is just around the corner!"

Then I look closer. It says, "Congratulations, KREACHER, your application is under review!"

Oh the foul cruelty!

I think that's mean but maybe they want you to feel positive about the progress of your application. I'm glad I did not get an email that said that. Mine was straight to the point "your application is under review by the admission committee." I still walked around the whole day grinning like an idiot "omg! An ADMISSION committee is reviewing MY application! Eeee!!" It would have definitely rubbed me the wrong way to have "Congratulations" somewhere on the website. Getting peoples hopes up only to make them wait some more.

I was commiserating with one of my professors about the application process when this sort of thing came up in the conversation. He told me that a colleague of his was waiting to hear if he had passed one of the requirements for his PhD, when a letter came several weeks later that started with Dear X, I am sorry that you had to.... wait this long to hear the good news. Heart attack!

I was commiserating with one of my professors about the application process when this sort of thing came up in the conversation. He told me that a colleague of his was waiting to hear if he had passed one of the requirements for his PhD, when a letter came several weeks later that started with Dear X, I am sorry that you had to.... wait this long to hear the good news. Heart attack!

Hee, hee! I have to admit that is worse! Thanks for sharing Red Bull!

No kidding! I received an email yesterday from my POI and in the middle of the page, where my eyes went immediately was "So, I regret ...this delay, and will try to get some closure as soon as possible." Oh god, I thought I was going to throw up.

:lol: