NDSEG fellowship

BG7

Now that just sounds awesome. I <3 whales.

me too :D However, you wouldn't think that's true b/c the first few times I tried the model, I killed off all the whales really quick. Then I had a problem with negative whale populations, and wanted to spread a theory about anti-whales swimming through the Atlantic canceling out my real whales..

me too :D However, you wouldn't think that's true b/c the first few times I tried the model, I killed off all the whales really quick. Then I had a problem with negative whale populations, and wanted to spread a theory about anti-whales swimming through the Atlantic canceling out my real whales..

What field are you in to be able to do such awesome models? I've been really wanting to break into population dynamics modeling (specifically whales), but Biostats faculty/my advisors/my slave drivers to whom I owe my soul don't particularly care for those models, so I have to study other things.

Absolutely no offense. BUT. Why would the DoD care about whales? Lol. Unless they have laser beams attached to their heads......

They only do that to sharks...

Absolutely no offense. BUT. Why would the DoD care about whales? Lol. Unless they have laser beams attached to their heads......

Actually, there's a program in the Navy where whales and dolphins are trained to detect underwater mines. But I also imagine that abundance modeling is important to the Navy to see how likely it is for an aircraft carrier to strike a whale and upset Greenpeace.

Edited by Durf

What field are you in to be able to do such awesome models? I've been really wanting to break into population dynamics modeling (specifically whales), but Biostats faculty/my advisors/my slave drivers to whom I owe my soul don't particularly care for those models, so I have to study other things.

I'm actually in the "Earth and Atmospheric Sciences" dept., working with a couple oceanographers that have really really broad interests.

[quote name=hello! :)' timestamp='1303149810' post='246816]

YEAH! That's what I got on Saturday! But I didn't take a screenshot of it before I refreshed and got "locked out." The page that I got forwarded to after logging in was ndseg.asee.org/award/sessions, but if you go there without logging in, it's a 404 page. It's a little odd because if you type in a random address like ndseg.asee.org/award/test, it's a different 404 page.

Where did you come up with the URL https://ndseg.asee.org/award/sessions ?

If I go there, I get the same message as you. However, If I go to

https://ndseg.asee.org/award

it brings me to a login page where my login information from the application is not valid.

https://ndseg.asee.org/apply

Hey mposa, it's the URL that I got forwarded to after trying to log in. Not sure how to trigger it again and what the heck it's for. I haven't been able to do it again since then.