NSF DDIG

spinnergal

Still waiting for news from January deadline for political science. I know some acceptances have gone out. Has anyone gotten any rejections? I emailed asking about my status and for my comments but haven't heard anything.

Also still waiting for the January political science deadline. I haven't heard anything yet and my status is pending and listed as under external peer review (under review since May 5). 

Waitingtohearback: I was wondering the same thing. I heard somewhere that the review panel for Sociology was meeting on the week of May 12th. I am not sure how the process works though. I had applied for the Oct 2013 cycle, got rejected, but in the email they sent they had said the panel met on Dec 12-13. i received the decision email on Jan 10th 2014. It's possible the lag was because of the holidays, or it could just be how the bureaucracy functions.

Have you heard back yet? I was rejected in the October 13 cycle too.

Still waiting here for the political science January deadline response. My application status also states that it has been under review since May 5th. My colleague who won the NSF (or to be more precise, got the email saying "we are recommending you for the grant) got the email shortly after the May 5 review date. I just want them to get the rejection over with, and more importantly, send my comments.

Have you heard back yet? I was rejected in the October 13 cycle too.

Nope, nothing yet. I suppose they have to let us know by the end of June, seeing as that funding is for July onwards...or so I hope. This waiting has to end sometime soon, right?!

Does anyone else who's waiting to hear back on Sociology still have a status in Fastlane listed as "Pending?"  

Yes, mine is still "pending" for months now. Any news?

Yes, mine is still "pending" for months now. Any news?

Nope, unfortunately.  Fastlane says external peer review began on 5/12/14.  My proposal status just says:  

"This proposal is currently being considered by the above Program. Consideration of proposals usually requires up to six months."

Based on my obsessive rifling through this forum, I see that previous applicants were notified 7 weeks after the external peer review began.  (Ebuckner on this forum posted that in 2011 review panels May 5-6, and applicants were notified June 24.)  So, using that as a model, I imagine we won't hear until June 30.  Oh, the torture!

I got rejected in the October 15 round of applications. I was notified 3 weeks after the review (first week of January). Here's to hoping we get good news.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got an email from Saylor Breckenridge (Program Director) that I got the grant!

Congrats boomer! I still haven't heard anything, so I'll keep my fingers crossed!

For Boomer and others who applied to Sociology, has your status in Fastlane changed?  Mine is still listed as pending.  I'm just wondering if that means anything.  

I haven't checked yet, and that's partly because it seems my advisor would have to log into Fastlane, since the thing is through her. So, basically I'm being totally unhelpful, but I don't know what my status on Fastlane even is, or what "pending" at this stage might mean. I know a year or two ago someone on this forum had written for sociology that people getting rejections would likely hear after the acceptances. I don't know if this is still the practice in the NSF Soc office though...Sorry I can't be of more help (but otherwise, I'm the same boat as you, and hoping we'll know soon - hopefully for the positive!)

For Boomer and others who applied to Sociology, has your status in Fastlane changed?  Mine is still listed as pending.  I'm just wondering if that means anything.  

Hi nosleeptildoctorate,

My status is still "pending." But I got the email from the program manager notifying me and asking for required documents to process the award (i.e., transfer of money to my university). She said it will take about 4 weeks to get processed so she wants me to send documents ASAP. These include IRB approval, budget stuff, abstract for the NSF database etc.

I hope you all get good news soon. I was rejected last October 15 round, so I strongly suggest, if you get rejected to take the comments seriously and apply again. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Nailbiting, thanks for the reply.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for both of us! 

Boomer, thank you for the information!  Congratulations again on getting the grant, and best of luck with your research.

Thanks Nosleeptildoctorate! I'll do the same for you!