NSF DDIG

spinnergal

I applied in August, but have now gotten my feedback.  I'll consider the evil response, but I'm really focusing on other things...like my comps defense tomorrow, waiting to hear from Wenner-Gren, etc...

I applied in August, but have now gotten my feedback.  I'll consider the evil response, but I'm really focusing on other things...like my comps defense tomorrow, waiting to hear from Wenner-Gren, etc...

Of course - you have tons of time to read all your reviews. =)

Out of curiosity, what is the date on your feedback? If it is March then I guess the sequester really did screw things up. I got my feedback as soon as it posted because I had been checking fastlane every day since 3/7.

Applied to the November 2013 deadline. External review date 2/6/14. Status date change 3/7/14. Still pending. . . wish they would get the "rejection" over with quickly.

Edited by medler

Hi everyone,

Confirming what gzahn noted - I only just heard (positively) from the DEB Ecosystems panel today! They just emailed my advisor, and the reviews are not on Fastlane yet. Seems like they might be one of the last sections to be coming in.

Good luck to anyone still waiting!

• 2 weeks later...

i know, right!! I'd heard from Mantz in late Feb. that it might take 6-8 weeks to finalize the recommendation. But nothing since then. He'd said something about an intended April 1st start date. But that has passed too. I just wrote to him again. NSF!!

Anyone know if a program officer switch on Fastlane means anything? I applied for the November deadline. It just shows me as "pending."

I don't know, but I hope so! Good luck to those still waiting to hear!

I should say, not the November deadline, but the January one. I'm mixing up WG and SSRC with NSF.

I got an e-mail today from Deborah Winslow saying that my NSF application (Cultural Anthro, Jan 2014 deadline) has been rejected. My external review date was April 3, so it's kind of a bummer to be rejected so quickly  :-/ Good luck to all who are still waiting! 

weird my panel started 3/24 and... nothing. when does it become appropriate to email. (sorry for the negative news, but it is one tough grant, and at least they were prompter than normal)

My review date was 2/6. I had a status date change of 3/7, and just heard I was declined. Another student on this forum hear on 3/10, so I'm not sure why there is such a discrepancy since my reviews were uploaded on 2/27. I did receive pretty positive, helpful comments. Good luck to those still in the running!

Sorry about being declined, medler. I hope the positive and helpful comments mean you will have an easy time revising, if that's your plan!

Considering they have contacted a lot of folks already, I'm hoping that they will send the remainder next week. Seems odd that they would continue to stagger it out as the weeks go on. I would think they must have reached their final decisions if they could have contacted a lot of people already.

I agree, Mata. Considering that a lot of our schools wait until the last minute to make appointment decisions, it is hard to know what my financial situation is going to be over the next year...

I'm also cultural anth. what's you're project about?

Talk about uh oh mumstheword! I'm in Tanzania and those are super close to the words I would use to describe my project! Even if it doesn't bode well for our grants, maybe we should chat!