NSF DDIG

spinnergal

So I found out today that my IOS proposal has been recommended for funding as well :) They've actually been trying to call my PI for a couple of days and she wasn't answering the phone because she didn't recognize the number X_x

I'm growing increasingly surprised that I haven't heard back on my (Cultural Anthro) proposal given that my colleague already heard back some time ago. I am not assuming that it means anything one way or another, but why would there be such a difference in terms of notification? Does anyone know enough to say why? My only guess is that there were different meeting dates and that my panel met later than his, but I'm not sure about that. I mostly just want to hear the inevitable "no" so I can move on with my life. 

Still waiting to hear back on the IOS. My status date never changed, nor did my proposal disappear at any point. I am assuming this means it's going to be a "no" and would like them to " rip off the band-aid" so I too can just get on with my life.  :unsure:

I'm still waiting to hear back from Geography - has anyone heard? I know my panel already met.

@Anthrovape - I wonder if that's because they might want to find your proposal but are waiting to hear back about funding. I've heard that's happened to a lot of programs this year, so there's this little group who aren't immediate "no"s but not at the top of the "yes" pile either, stuck in limbo.

So I found out today that my IOS proposal has been recommended for funding as well :) They've actually been trying to call my PI for a couple of days and she wasn't answering the phone because she didn't recognize the number X_x

Congrats!

IOS DDIG applicant here with a still pending proposal. Today I noticed the following on my proposal status page:

"The Division of Integrative Organismal Systems Core Program preliminary proposal review panels have now met. It is anticipated that all Invite recommendations will be released by May 15, 2013, and all Not Invite recommendations will be released by May 31, 2013"

For what it's worth

So, have folks from cultural anthropology been getting anything? Does anyone know for sure if the panel has already met? My status is only saying "external peer review began on 03/21/13" That seems like a while ago, doesn't it?

So, have folks from cultural anthropology been getting anything? Does anyone know for sure if the panel has already met? My status is only saying "external peer review began on 03/21/13" That seems like a while ago, doesn't it?

varodai, a colleague of mine heard back 'no' from cultural anthropology about three weeks back already. My status has been the same as yours. Hope we hear something soon!

varodai, a colleague of mine heard back 'no' from cultural anthropology about three weeks back already. My status has been the same as yours. Hope we hear something soon!

My status is also the same and the external peer review also started March 21. Fellow applicants in my cohort also haven't heard back. I don't think I'm getting it, so I'm not sure what's taking so long to send rejections. Perhaps the feedback needs to be uploaded?

Edited by postit

For what it's worth: Cultural Anth, review date of 3/25, just got word on Sunday that I was declined (by email).  No change to my status on fastlane when I checked it today. My funding category was 'competitive--low priority.'   :(    They said they would send official word with comments within a few weeks.   Best of luck to everyone who hasn't heard yet!  Depending on the comments, I may drag myself through another application process in August..

Edited by ADDABD

I also just got a rejection from Mantz today- not competitive. But a friend just got a tentative acceptance- "high in the rankings", whatever that means. Good luck all!

I've noticed two posts that reported acceptance for IOS proposals (congrats Jay1188 and J129). Any other IOSers out there with confirmation either way? Still pending for me and a lab mate.

The following is from Bruce Cushing, IOS's Behavioral Systems Cluster Program Director, sent to my advisor concerning the DDIG:

"Hopefully all notifications will be out in the next couple of weeks."

The results continue to limp along, as it were.

Edited by Jones3801

Any news for Cultural Anthropology? A friend heard from Mantz last week, but several of us in my program have still not gotten any news.

Edited by no-no

From IOS Science Advisor Michelle M. Elekonich via email correspondance with my graduate advisor:

"...we have already contacted all the DDIGs that we expect to fund this year"

Congrates to those who got one and best of luck next year to those who did not.

Whole lotta nothing so far from Geography and Spatial Sciences....

Same here, Erin -- My program officer on Fastlane was changed in the past few days, which was the most exciting thing that's happened thus far. The delay seems weird, because I know the panels met at the end of April. Possibly waiting to see how much money is in the pot?

Have any geogs heard?

My program officer on Fastlane was changed in the past few days, which was the most exciting thing that's happened thus far.

Mine hasn't, no difference since 2/15 and peer review on 4/25. I'm kind of envious of you having something change on your status page, how sad is that? And maybe it's a good sign that you had an update!

Mine hasn't, no difference since 2/15 and peer review on 4/25. I'm kind of envious of you having something change on your status page, how sad is that? And maybe it's a good sign that you had an update!

I think mine just got changed because Toni WinklerPrins took a job @ Hopkins, so she is maybe off NSF stuff now?

Anyway, I emailed my new PO and she said "...people will often hear news at different times. For the spring DDRI, some people may start to hear in the coming week or so and others may be some weeks longer."

So, um, eventually!