Fulbright 2012-2013

Bkid-Sapps

Anyone know if there's a way, with the spreadsheet, to change how you're viewing the order? Like right now, some awesome person has added some dropdowns and ordered it alphabetically by country, but is there a way we can (according to preference) also look at it ordered by say, grant type, region, academic status, etc?

You can download a copy of it and order it as you want. But if every person wants to organize the community version to their own liking, it could cause problems. You just click (right?) on the column you want to sort by and sort (a to z or z to a).

I created the sheet and put in the drop-downs and color coding similar to what was in the previous sheets in the years before. I can easily fix things if you see a problem.

:)

Edited by Biz

Anyone recommended for an ETA in Germany who knows what the next step is? I thought we had to translate our application into German or something? I'm confused....If anyone could shed some light on this I'd greatly appreciate it!

I looked on fulbright.de and found links to the PAD website...need to spend some time reading it but the general gist is that there are forms, Lebenslauf, and Personal Statement that we have to have in (auf Deutsch) by March 1 (same deadline as the transcript) but I'm not sure where we're supposed to send it all.

I looked on fulbright.de and found links to the PAD website...need to spend some time reading it but the general gist is that there are forms, Lebenslauf, and Personal Statement that we have to have in (auf Deutsch) by March 1 (same deadline as the transcript) but I'm not sure where we're supposed to send it all.

I've never heard of having to do this. Could you guys fill me in a bit more? This sounds a bit intimidating.

I've never heard of having to do this. Could you guys fill me in a bit more? This sounds a bit intimidating.

http://www.kmk-pad.org/programme/ausl-fsa/usa.html Was linked from here (not updated...says "2011-2012 grantees") http://www.fulbright.de/togermany/information-for-2011-2012-grantees/

Recommended for ETA to Bulgaria!!!

Exciting, but also depressing because so many of my brilliant friends were rejected. :(

Now I'm busy reading blogs and other miscellany of Fulbrighters to Bulgaria.

Hey Icicle congrats, I am here in BG right now. Glad to hear you've made it to the next step. I don't know if you already have friends out here, but you're welcome to PM me if you have questions

https://docs.google....eG5XWktnY2k3bmc

Here is an updated link for the spreadsheet. Right now, anyone who has the link can edit it, so go ahead and add/update your information as you wish. Hopefully no one will come across the link and mess with the spreadsheet. If you'd rather I add you, you can still email fulbright2012.2013(at)gmail(dot)com

Hey just joined the thread, thanks for setting up this spreadsheet. Question, though: why is everyone on the list Recommended? Does that mean that everyone who contributed to that sheet has moved on or have you sorted and removed the non-Recommendees?

Hey just joined the thread, thanks for setting up this spreadsheet. Question, though: why is everyone on the list Recommended? Does that mean that everyone who contributed to that sheet has moved on or have you sorted and removed the non-Recommendees?

The only people who have contributed to the sheet are those who have been recommended for further consideration. Since the point of the spreadsheet is to track everyones' status from here out, it makes sense that those whose applications aren't being considered further wouldn't want to be on it.

Hey Akche,

I'm not a Sierra Leone full granter, but was deciding betweeen a project there or in Spain (ultimately decided on Spain after much thought). So awesome that you could be there next year!

Where would you be based? Freetown or Kenema I presume?

Congrats!

Thanks, Espanya! I'd be based in Freetown, but hopefully doing work in the villages outside of Bo, Kenema, and Makeni. I did a summer internship there two years ago, so I'm excited I might get to go back!

http://www.kmk-pad.o...sl-fsa/usa.html Was linked from here (not updated...says "2011-2012 grantees") http://www.fulbright...-2012-grantees/

Well, if it says "grantees" then it cannot mean us since we are not grantees. I would think that these come after we have received the grant since the Fulbright Kommision website is designed for them.

Well, if it says "grantees" then it cannot mean us since we are not grantees. I would think that these come after we have received the grant since the Fulbright Kommision website is designed for them.

But the deadline is March 1, 2012 (the same deadline we have for sending our transcripts to IIE)...and based on previous years' notification dates, we wouldn't know by then if we've received the ETA. Perhaps we'll get some sort of follow-up email with further instructions.

I'm assuming the translation stuff is only for ETA; I've never heard about it for Full Grant. Any ideas on that, anyone?

Yeah, it's just for ETAs. It's paperwork to send to the Pädagogischer Austauschdienst, aka the "supervising agency abroad" they mention in the email.

So will they be sending us a packet in the mail with this information or something? I would assume so because I'm sure all of the other potential ETAs are confused as well.

I hope they do. If we don't hear anything soon I might call Cara Doble and see what the next step is.

I updated the spreadsheet the other day but my entry seems to have been deleted. I added it again today, but wasn't sure what was going on there.

I'm a little confused about the spreadsheet as well, is it split into two sections or am I perhaps viewing it wrong?

I'm a little confused about the spreadsheet as well, is it split into two sections or am I perhaps viewing it wrong?

It's split, I don't know why or who did it, or how to fix it.

It's split, I don't know why or who did it, or how to fix it.

wait nvm i see what the problem is... think i fixed it for now, hopefully it doesnt change again

Edited by oa0176

What the H is going on with the Spreadsheet? I think this thing ought to be password protected, and whoever sets up the email address should control it, because otherwise people are going to accidentally screw it up continually.

What the H is going on with the Spreadsheet? I think this thing ought to be password protected, and whoever sets up the email address should control it, because otherwise people are going to accidentally screw it up continually.

ITA, i just looked at it again and like more than half of the info is gone.

So long as it is open-access/no password, we run the risk of somebody--somebody from Fulbright?--or somebody just being ill-willed?--deleting everything just for "fun".....

Looks like that may have happened.