Fulbright 2012-2013

Bkid-Sapps

T Pain is clearly not a troll. After he posted his acceptance here, I checked in with the Belgium finalist on my campus and she had been notified, too.

Thanks for the support, but you must have failed to realize how good a troll I am! I managed to contact your friend and get the same information out of them even before you did! I AM GOD.

I think part of the reason it came early is that Brussels is at the top of the Eurozone food chain. They knew budget-wise how they could proceed, and did, first. They could thus go ahead with their physical notification to me. You'll all still get physical notification, I imagine, because most, if not all, admitted students have to sign physical letters as contracts and return them to Europe, NY, and DC. It will just be that most people will get emails first, whereas in the past, the inverse has been true (physical letters, then emails; I know this from various friends).

I think you're right. They told me they'd contact me by email but I can't imagine not receiving a real letter confirming the email.

what i don't understand is why t pain is still on these forums with the rest of us nerds when he is a winner, while we are just scrubs in limbo scanning these forums to try and alleviate anxiety (which is a wildly unsuccesful strategy in my humble opinion).

Edited by mkt123

Same here! I haven't talked to my FPA about Fulbright since the interviews in the Fall....except now the problem is that I'm checking this wayyy too much! haha. I'm trying not to talk or think about it too much but it's difficult not too. I'm just glad I'm not waiting on grad school responses like some of you are. I couldn't imagine waiting on both Fulbright and grad schools together. I'm thinking we'll hear within the next 30 days or so for most of us so keep your spirits up!! :)

Yup, waiting on Fulbright and grad schools has been an absolutely tortuous process. If I had to do it over again, I would likely have chosen to only apply to grad schools, and then apply for a Fulbright a few years down the line. In case someone reads this comment a eight months from now, think long and hard before you decide to do both! It will eat up your life.

what i don't understand is why t pain is still on these forums with the rest of us nerds when he is a winner, while we are just scrubs in limbo scanning these forums to try and alleviate anxiety (which is a wildly unsuccesful strategy in my humble opinion).

If my credibility was being lambasted, I'd probably stick around, too.

I can't believe this thread already has attracted trolls. lol.

T Pain, congrats again. I was just talking about the 'rape of Belgium' today in my class. My students were horrified, poor little things.

I know I shouldn't be, but I'm feeling increasingly hopeless as the days go by and there is no word from UK fulbright.

Edited by judehermes

I believe it was Freud who defined "neurosis" as the continued appearance of a compulsive behavior even once the original stimulus for that behavior has disappeared. So, that's why.

I can't believe this thread already has attracted trolls. lol.

T Pain, congrats again. I was just talking about the 'rape of Belgium' today in my class. My students were horrified, poor little things.

I know I shouldn't be, but I'm feeling increasingly hopeless as the days go by and there is no word from UK fulbright.

Judehermes, keep your hopes up! As far as we know, nobody has heard anything from UK Fulbright, so we are all waiting on bated breath. Really wish the best for you and everyone else--here's to the hopes of being in the UK next year!

Judehermes, keep your hopes up! As far as we know, nobody has heard anything from UK Fulbright, so we are all waiting on bated breath. Really wish the best for you and everyone else--here's to the hopes of being in the UK next year!

I wish I had your enthusiasm! :)

It's gotta be today, right?

I just checked the Fulbright website, and they said that the Western Hemisphere and East/Pacific Asia (besides some select countries) scholars will not go to the orientation in D.C. I was looking forward to going there... :\ IF I received the scholarship, of course. Not to count my eggs before they hatch or anything...

CONGRATULATIONS to T Pain and now to 1CrazyLady!!! The manic frequency with which I refresh my email is deeply troubling -- I hope I receive some notification soon! For the record, for which country were you awarded the Fulbright, Lady?

Edited by Isiberius

CrazyLady-- I have nothing in my inbox!

GAHHHHHH!

(congrats!)

((we're also in contention for different types of Fulbrights, though, because you're a professor, right?))

(((I feel like I'm going crazy, 1CrazyLady)))

Edited by judehermes

CrazyLady-- I have nothing in my inbox!

GAHHHHHH!

(congrats!)

well, if I remember correctly, CrazyLady applied to a specific 3 month grant at the University of Durham. There is only one. Guessing it has no impact on when full grant and eta grant people get a notification.