Fulbright 2012-2013

Bkid-Sapps

To all my Caribbean/ Central America friends out there--I sent an email to Pamela on Friday about what to expect in terms of dates for final decisions and will let you all know what I hear once she emails me back. Hope it's soon!

Thanks, tunnels.

I'm hoping that since Argentina, Chile, and Columbia have heard that we are next up the pipeline. Mexico has responded, too, so it's a C/CA sandwich.

Fingers crossed for this week!

To all my Caribbean/ Central America friends out there--I sent an email to Pamela on Friday about what to expect in terms of dates for final decisions and will let you all know what I hear once she emails me back. Hope it's soon!

Nice! Thanks!

I emailed Jermaine about Jordan. Here's what he said:

"Over the past 3 years, notifications for finalists to Jordan have been sent out between late April and mid-May. I have no idea whether the same time-frame will hold this year, but my sense is that it will."

I also emailed my affiliation person to see if he had been contacted by the Jordanian commission--he had not. Either that means that they haven't contacted affiliations to verify them yet or that they aren't going to.

Edited by texasdaisy008

In terms of the DR, it looks like people have historically been notified from late March - late April. As the other Jamaica applicant indicated, the Caribbean commission has not made their decisions yet, so I'm assuming that we'll know later rather than sooner (unfortunately). Check the spreadsheet for specific Jamaica information. By the way, ROC14627 - are you from Rochester, NY? I recognized the zip code... I grew up there (14625, too funny).

yeah.. Rochester, NY

I emailed Jermaine about Jordan. Here's what he said:

"Over the past 3 years, notifications for finalists to Jordan have been sent out between late April and mid-May. I have no idea whether the same time-frame will hold this year, but my sense is that it will."

I also emailed my affiliation person to see if he had been contacted by the Jordanian commission--he had not. Either that means that they haven't contacted affiliations to verify them yet or that they aren't going to.

I hadn't thought about emailing my affiliation to see if they'd heard anything from the Fulbright people... That's such a good idea.

Hey y'all!

Congrats to everyone who's heard some good news so far :]

Any Full-Research grants for Taiwan heard back yet? Or (just curious) anyone accepted for the Full China Grant?

I don't know the others on this forum who've been recommended to Morocco, but just to let y'all know I just e-mailed Jim Miller of MACECE with the same question I asked Jermaine (about when we'd find out the final decisions)... Thought that maybe Miller might have another answer for us? Keep y'all posted - maybe it'll also make a difference for other MENAers.

It's been so quiet on the forum lately... I was hoping that at least others would hear back so that we could share in their excitement! I know it's totally not feasible, but I wish there were specific dates we knew so that I could stop having email dreams now that it's April :P

I don't know the others on this forum who've been recommended to Morocco, but just to let y'all know I just e-mailed Jim Miller of MACECE with the same question I asked Jermaine (about when we'd find out the final decisions)... Thought that maybe Miller might have another answer for us? Keep y'all posted - maybe it'll also make a difference for other MENAers.

can you post whatever he ends up telling you?

So I've been doing a little procrastinating at work by looking through the spreadsheet to see how many countries have notified vs. not notified thus far (based on information offered by people on this forum, which obviously does not include all countries)

31 countries have notified while 41 countries have not.

I'm sure that there is a better way to spend my lunch breaks than obsessively checking this forum.... perhaps maniacally tapping on my email refresh button?

31 countries down, 41 to go.

C'mon big money. No whammies, no whammies.... STOP!

Fun with maps!

I took the spreadsheet data and made maps with them! -- because data is beautiful, because I am a huge map nerd, and also because it only takes about 10 minutes, which I would spent refreshing my inbox anyway.

Warning!: These are just for fun and I made them in a hurry so I didn't worry about the legend, titles, good colors, etc., and I didn't check to make sure that all the countries joined properly so there might be a few missing. If so, sorry -- and if any errors make you crazy, feel free to re-create these maps yourself!

Here's who has found out for 2012.

Here's the notification timeline for 2011, 2010, and 2009.

Edit: I forgot to mention that if a country had both full and ETA dates listed separately, I used the full notification dates. If a country only had ETA dates and no full dates, I used the ETA dates -- although many countries' ETAs and fulls found out at the same time, so no worries.

Edited by boxoatoc

Hey guys! I'm a finalist for an ETA in South Korea, but haven't heard anything back yet as many people did on March 27. Does that mean alternate or rejection? or have they sent out the alternates already too? I assume it is probably a bad sign, but was wondering if anyone else had any more information.

Hey guys! I'm a finalist for an ETA in South Korea, but haven't heard anything back yet as many people did on March 27. Does that mean alternate or rejection? or have they sent out the alternates already too? I assume it is probably a bad sign, but was wondering if anyone else had any more information.

I would contact the IIE program manager for your region and inquire about your status.

Also check your spam/junk folder on your email (although I'm sure you've already thought of this)

Does anyone know when the medical forms for Germany research grants need to be returned by? I'm a little unclear by the form, which says:

For candidates who will begin their grants after September, please note that medical forms should not be

completed prior to 6 months from the beginning date of your grant, e.g., for grants beginning in January

2013, forms should be completed no earlier than August 2012; for grants beginning in March 2013, forms

should be completed no earlier than October 2012.

Technically the grant begins in mid-September, so does that fall into the first or second category?

Does anyone know when the medical forms for Germany research grants need to be returned by? I'm a little unclear by the form, which says:

For candidates who will begin their grants after September, please note that medical forms should not be

completed prior to 6 months from the beginning date of your grant, e.g., for grants beginning in January

2013, forms should be completed no earlier than August 2012; for grants beginning in March 2013, forms

Technically the grant begins in mid-September, so does that fall into the first or second category?

They just want the medical information to be up-to-date so it needs to be within six months of the beginning of your grant period. It's already April so you're now within 6 months, right?

It is my understanding that the medical forms are due 1 month from the day we receive the packet in the mail with country specific information. We have been discussing some of this on our Facebook group. If you aren't already in the Facebook group, here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/410265979000617/