Fulbright 2012-2013

Bkid-Sapps

What does "Warn Status" mean? That doesn't sound good. Maybe I should hop off. I'm a professor waiting on a Fulbright to China. I'll send something in to the spreadsheet and tinker with my profile. I'm learning a lot from this forum, and the spreadsheet is great. Thank you.

What does "Warn Status" mean? That doesn't sound good. Maybe I should hop off. I'm a professor waiting on a Fulbright to China. I'll send something in to the spreadsheet and tinker with my profile. I'm learning a lot from this forum, and the spreadsheet is great. Thank you.

Don't worry about that; no one else can see that on your post, just you. It shows up for every post you make, but you should only be worried if the bar isn't empty!

Anybody here applying for a research grant to Estonia? Can't find anybody on the spreadsheet (I haven't been added to that list yet via the gmail address.)

Haven't heard of anyone so far for Estonia but there are two for Lithuania and one for Latvia (me). Usually the Baltics are all on the same schedule and we're trying to be patient... and btw I'll add your info the spreadsheet.

Wish I had found this forum months ago! Is there anyone reading who knows much about the Fulbright classroom teacher exchange? Maybe I'm in the wrong place...I am an alternate for 2012-2013 in the uk ( never thought I would get this far, as I only have a bachelor's degree). I have three kids who I would be traveling along with me, and am so anxious to know if there's any chance I might get the placement, after all. I'm guessing my chances are slim.

I am originally from Venezuela, if you have questions just let me know!! Did you apply for Caracas?

Hey, I didn't apply specifically to Caracas, but I wrote my essays emphasizing skills I have gained that would be useful for teaching youth in a big city like Caracas. I have spoken with a couple Venezuelans who used to live in the city, and have done a decent amount of research about the city's history.

Are you from Caracas? What can I expect life to be like if I am placed there? Even if you are not from Caracas, is there anything you think is interesting or useful to know about daily life in Venezuela?

How is the Fulbright process going for you?

Hi y'all,

I've followed this forum on an off for the last two years and am now happy to post for the first time and say that I found out on Wednesday, March 28 that I got the ETA award for Germany! Has anyone received the letter with the details about exactly when and where we will be working? Are there others still waiting to hear back from Austria?

Haven't heard of anyone so far for Estonia but there are two for Lithuania and one for Latvia (me). Usually the Baltics are all on the same schedule and we're trying to be patient... and btw I'll add your info the spreadsheet.

Good to see fellow applicants for the Baltics. Has anyone contacted Rachel about when they might be getting back to us?

Wow, very very cool.

I will be in Timisoara if I get the grant, with some short trips to Iasi and a few other cities. I proposed to study the process of urban development in the regional centers (i.e. not bucharest) in order to identify the specific influences that cause Romanian towns to grow the way they do, and (hopefully!) identify more opportunities for citizen involvement in the development process.

Eric,

That sounds like a great project and I think it has, in certain ways, connections to what I'm interested in. I'd love to hear how things work out for you.

Have any alternates heard back? It's usually about 2 or 3 weeks after alternate notification that people find out, right?

Sometimes alternates won't find out until much later than that. I have a friend who was notified in June she had a Fulbright.

Hey everyone,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I received an email on 3/22 from Judy Starvsky, which she called "a preliminary informal notification" that I had been awarded a full fulbright fellowship to Israel through Hebrew University next year. She also indicated that someone would be contacting me in the near future with the medical information, pre-departure orientation as well as the full details of the package. I have not heard anything yet.

I have yet to hear about anyone else who applied for Israel or for the entire Middle East region recieve any sort of confirmation, so I wanted to keep everyone updated/see who else has recieved the same sort of email.

Congratulations to everyone who has heard and good luck to those still waiting!

Hi y'all,

I've followed this forum on an off for the last two years and am now happy to post for the first time and say that I found out on Wednesday, March 28 that I got the ETA award for Germany! Has anyone received the letter with the details about exactly when and where we will be working? Are there others still waiting to hear back from Austria?

I think we're all still waiting for the letter with details. Most Germany ETAs seem to have left the forum or are posting less. We have a Facebook group now though: https://www.facebook.com/groups/410265979000617/

Thank you Stately. For the record, I think the Ph.D. game was a tad ridiculous this year (my record was 0/5, not all that bad, but the injury lasted; I dreamt of my rejection letter intro sentences for weeks after). As a result, I expect you are a most Baller academic poised for program domination. Kill it!

THIS is what this forum should be. Loving the support and positivity! And for the record, Stately, I totally agree with ashleytris!

:wub: (this was as close as I could get to "aw gee thanks *embarrassed*" face...)

Thanks! I love the support on here as well!

And I'm sure both of you are poised to dominate as well! Best of luck!

Hey everyone,

I received an email on 3/22 from Judy Starvsky, which she called "a preliminary informal notification" that I had been awarded a full fulbright fellowship to Israel through Hebrew University next year. She also indicated that someone would be contacting me in the near future with the medical information, pre-departure orientation as well as the full details of the package. I have not heard anything yet.

I have yet to hear about anyone else who applied for Israel or for the entire Middle East region recieve any sort of confirmation, so I wanted to keep everyone updated/see who else has recieved the same sort of email.

congratulations! i hope the rest of the MENA region will find out soon.

Good to see fellow applicants for the Baltics. Has anyone contacted Rachel about when they might be getting back to us?

She said mid to late April. Obviously I am hoping it's the former. The last couple years it's been right in the middle of the month.

Hey everyone,

Congrats! I'm another long-time lurker, first time poster. I am a finalist for a post graduate fellowship to Israel but haven't heard anything beyond finalist status. I am wondering if you had the impression that all accepted applicants have been notified.

Are you applying for a post-graduate fellowship or a different type? Also, did you have the impression that Judy Starvsky is with the Israel Fulbright group (USIEF) or with Hebrew U? Thanks!

Judy's email is @fulbright.org.il, so she is definitely not with Hebrew U. Hebrew U is the insitution I will be affiliated with while there. I am a grad student that applied for iie in order to do dissertation research next year. What did you apply for? What is your topic?

I have not heard of anyone else from Israel nor any other country who received a letter of "information notificaiton". I posted party to see who else was out there applying for Israel, but also to see if anyone else (planning to go to Israel or any other country) received the same type of email. With everyone recieving formal acceptances, the informal one, while of course wonderful, is making me a bit worried.

Good luck once again to all!!! I keep thinking, I don't know how people waited for these fulbright decisions before the internet and forums like these.