Fulbright 2012-2013

Bkid-Sapps

Weird question-- but does any one know what the subjects of the emails were last year? (good vs bad). Mine is getting sent to my school email and I think I will have less of a heart attack if I can tell right away from the subject instead of panicking over opening it

The subject was something along the lines of Fulbright Application and it was an incredibly generic e-mail. I haven't gotten it; I've just been stalking the thread from last year... cause I'm not freaking out.

The thought of it being this week filled me with some sort of ridiculous dread. Everyone's so hopeful and dreaming of being somewhere else next year doing something they love... the thought that for (probably) a lot of us that's going to end this week just makes me beyond depressed.

Edited by super swank

this board is freaking me out

The best recommendation for you is to not read the rest of this forum until after you have been notified... unfortunately, I don't see this forum making you calm in the near future. I would come back after you have received notification regarding the first round... I have to admit you are freaking out like most of us... and taking it pretty well...

Anyone else apply for an ETA Jordan?

I'm hoping we get some news this week...my work contract is ending soon and either positive or negative at this stage will have a big impact on what jobs I apply to, where I move, basically everything!

I feel the same way... depending on the response I get from this first round determines a lot on how I plan things for the rest of the year...

Has anyone else started doing or saying things out of anxiety? I changed my TGC name. Now that I've got kids, I think I'm too old to be Dynamutt. Being young and single was fun... but I'm Dynamom now.

Today one of my classes addressed the UC Davis pepper spray incident. I totally launched into a stress-and-caffeine-fueled rant. The worst part is I have the minority opinion. Now I REALLY hope I'll be abroad next year!

64 hours...

Hi all!

I've been following this thread for a while, and I thought I'd join in on the mounting anxiety. I'm applying for a research grant to France (the acceptance rates are so scary!) in mathematics. Gah! So nervous!

Good luck to everyone!

ah, me too! where would you go, what would you be doing, etc.?

I would be at Paris 6 (l'Universite Pierre et Marie-Curie) for a Master's. What about you?

I would be in Strasbourg (Universite de Strasbourg) studying French alcohol policy with a sociology professor at the university...great city, btw, though Paris is also, of course, amazing.

The problem with gmail is, I'm afraid we may get the good/bad news before it's even open...argh...

Ditto on 12 pt font. But honestly, I wouldn't worry about it.

If that really bugs you you can change the settings on Gmail to just see the subject not part of the message...

me too a little, but all of my friends think I am crazy... so im glad you all understand why I am slightly losing my mind lol!

If that really bugs you you can change the settings on Gmail to just see the subject not part of the message...

This will all be over soon!!! (Well, at least step 1) Have we actually determined the actual day we should be looking out... Maybe it will lessen the anticipation of it all... Something is better than nothing...?? and so we don't have to constantly check our e-mail messages including junk/spam... I'm really surprised we haven't received anything yet... not even a messages telling us it's quickly approaching!?!?

Can anybody provide proof in an email or some form of correspondence that Fulbright has stated the date is January 31st? It's very important that I know contingent on another post-undergrad opportunity decision deadline. Thanks!

Can anybody provide proof in an email or some form of correspondence that Fulbright has stated the date is January 31st? It's very important that I know contingent on another post-undergrad opportunity decision deadline. Thanks!

January 31, 2012

Stage 1 Decision Notification

via: http://us.fulbrightonline.org/overview_timeline.html

Just got this email from my FPA from my university everyone!

Dear students,

I received word from Fulbright that you should all receive email notifications

on January 19th about the outcome of the first round of reviews. "Recommended"

will mean your application has been forwarded for review by the host country,

and "Non Recommended" will mean your application is no longer under

consideration. Fulbright recommends approximately 2 times the number of grants

on offer.

Please get in touch with your FPA because they are the best source not a lot of heresay from others.

Stage 1 Decision Notification is going to be January 19, 2012!