Fulbright 2012-2013

Bkid-Sapps

congrats on TFA! i have my final interview this Friday and I'm nervous as hell

Doesn't the Malaysia ETA only start in January 2013? Fingers crossed you get both, but what are you planning to do in your downtime until January? That seems like sooooo long!

Thank you! Sorry I could not respond earlier but I was on a business trip and had no service/internet. My only words of advice about your TFA interview tomorrow is be confident and look extremely organized. They know that it is a frazzling day but so is getting in front of a classroom of students. They want people who look comfortable. Also, I know this is really late notice, but make sure your teaching lesson is at least a little bit interactive. Don't just lecture for 5 minutes (you'd be surprised how many people do that). As for what I would do for the extra six months, I am currently a paralegal so I would just keep my job longer. What I would do when I get back in between Malaysia and TFA is a whole other story though. Good luck to all!

Thank you! Sorry I could not respond earlier but I was on a business trip and had no service/internet. My only words of advice about your TFA interview tomorrow is be confident and look extremely organized. They know that it is a frazzling day but so is getting in front of a classroom of students. They want people who look comfortable. Also, I know this is really late notice, but make sure your teaching lesson is at least a little bit interactive. Don't just lecture for 5 minutes (you'd be surprised how many people do that). As for what I would do for the extra six months, I am currently a paralegal so I would just keep my job longer. What I would do when I get back in between Malaysia and TFA is a whole other story though. Good luck to all!

thanks! i sent you a pm

Could any other Germany ETA-ers clarify the top portion of the PAD application for me? Silly question, I know, but the first few parts of the "Angaben zur Person" section are a bit confusing to me, mainly with the name(s) and address(es) -- e.g., what do we put in the box for Heimatanschrift? (I know that it means "home address," but what do we put in that box as opposed to the next ones below it?) Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hello everyone. I am new here as well, had to join when I stumbled upon this thread.

I am recommended for the Casten Family Foundation Fulbright to Italy. The wait is killing me.

Congrats to those of us who are suffering together!

Hello everyone. I am new here as well, had to join when I stumbled upon this thread.

I am recommended for the Casten Family Foundation Fulbright to Italy. The wait is killing me.

Congrats to those of us who are suffering together!

What is a Casten Family Foundation Fulbright? I was recommended for a Full Grant to Italy.

What is a Casten Family Foundation Fulbright? I was recommended for a Full Grant to Italy.

The Casten Family funds the award and it is for a specific Masters Program at the University of Gastronomic Sciences (UNISG) in Pollenzo, Italy. It's a one year degree in Food Communication, the program is broken down into nine months of classes and a three month internship followed by a defence of a thesis. They only offer one a year and I believe that next year is the last time they are offering it. Therefore, I really hope I get it!

What would you be researching while there?

Hi all! I was recommended for a research grant to Mexico in January. Are there any other finalists to Mexico lurking? I had my skype interview with COMEXUS last week so now I'm just sitting tight for one more month...

The Casten Family funds the award and it is for a specific Masters Program at the University of Gastronomic Sciences (UNISG) in Pollenzo, Italy. It's a one year degree in Food Communication, the program is broken down into nine months of classes and a three month internship followed by a defence of a thesis. They only offer one a year and I believe that next year is the last time they are offering it. Therefore, I really hope I get it!

What would you be researching while there?

I am a doctoral student in History (medieval), so I would be doing archival research in Florence for the most part. Good luck and congratulations on being recommended!

My cover letter is actually a little short of a page. I didn't translate it exactly and said everything I wanted to in about 3/4 of a page.

So we can't express mail. Is it possible to track something if it's just through regular mail? Or is priority okay? I just keep going back and forth about how to do it, and how to send it exactly. Right now I have each set of essays paperclipped to an application form ready to go in an envelope and in the mail first thing tomorrow.....

My cover letter is actually a little short of a page. I didn't translate it exactly and said everything I wanted to in about 3/4 of a page.

So we can't express mail. Is it possible to track something if it's just through regular mail? Or is priority okay? I just keep going back and forth about how to do it, and how to send it exactly. Right now I have each set of essays paperclipped to an application form ready to go in an envelope and in the mail first thing tomorrow.....

I would try priority mail international, which should have tracking. If you're not allowed to use priority you could mail it International Registered First Class, but you just get delivery confirmation, not tracking.

Edited by bdoll

I don't have a twitter account, but according to a fellow applicant it might be worth getting one just to watch for Fulbright updates! Has anyone seen this? The commission in Ireland has released decision dates on its twitter feed: https://twitter.com/#!/Fulbright_Eire

Looks like some of us should start hearing back soon! Good luck all, and keep us updated!

Hi all! I was recommended for a research grant to Mexico in January. Are there any other finalists to Mexico lurking? I had my skype interview with COMEXUS last week so now I'm just sitting tight for one more month...

I am a finalist to Mexico, as well! I was hoping to hear back sooner than late March, but what can you do?

What would you research, and where would you hope to go? I applied for the binational business grant.

Godspeed!

Glad to have found this forum as I, like everyone else, anxiously await the final decision.

I was recommended for a full grant to Sweden. According to the spreadsheet, there's at least one other applicant for Sweden lurking aroud here. To you, and everyone else, I wish you good luck!

I am a finalist to Mexico, as well! I was hoping to hear back sooner than late March, but what can you do?

What would you research, and where would you hope to go? I applied for the binational business grant.

Godspeed!

Hey, I sent you PM, but I'm hoping to work in southern Mexico!

I don't have a twitter account, but according to a fellow applicant it might be worth getting one just to watch for Fulbright updates! Has anyone seen this? The commission in Ireland has released decision dates on its twitter feed: https://twitter.com/.../Fulbright_Eire

Looks like some of us should start hearing back soon! Good luck all, and keep us updated!

Crazy! I hope this is the trend of the Fulbright season... early notifications! Here's to wishful thinking.

Hi all. New on the forum.

India, full, finalist.

The wait is killing me. Especially since I was accepted for CLS for Hindi this summer and I think with the mandatory predeparture orientation I won't be able to do both. Anyone else in this predicament?

Cliana, I believe you might be in luck, as it seems this year ONLY ETAs for the South and Central Asia region are attending the pre-departure orientation.

http://us.fulbrightonline.org/info_recommended_candidates.html

I wish I could have applied for the CLS! unfortunately I didn't know about it while I was still at university. :/

Kind of a bummer that the CLE which Fulbright offers for Indonesian is only for full grantees and not ETAs too.