Fall 2012 Applicant Chit Chat

goldielocks

Did anybody see the "John Hopkings" acceptance on the result page? I don't know if it is real, (Hopkings?!), but would anyone like to claim it? It seems a little early for them to be making decisions as well.

Edited by wikichic

So, my wife walks in from getting the mail and announces loudly "Today's your lucky day!!!"

As I'm picturing her handing me a large and very stuffed manilla envelope marked YALE GSAS, she hands me my free personalized return address labels from St. Jude's Children's Hopsital. Not a bad score in itself- but not what passes for a "lucky mail day" in these frenzied times!!!!

They said both emails and snail mail - it doesnt matter which you will get we'll hear back BEGINNING TOMORROW! so dont be alarmed if you dont get anything in email or the mail since they are mixing it up - this is straight from graduate admissions coordinator

They said both emails and snail mail - it doesnt matter which you will get we'll hear back BEGINNING TOMORROW! so dont be alarmed if you dont get anything in email or the mail since they are mixing it up - this is straight from graduate admissions coordinator

I'm so excited and frightened at the same time.

Well, did you Wisconsin applicants check off something on the funding for. That you would apply for FAFSA and loans?

I think I may have...I can't remember. All I know is that, apparently, the committee met exactly one week ago today and made decisions last Friday. We *should* be hearing back soon. Unless we were all rejected........

I think I may have...I can't remember. All I know is that, apparently, the committee met exactly one week ago today and made decisions last Friday. We *should* be hearing back soon. Unless we were all rejected........

oooh seriously? Nice inside info! :)

Hi all!

Anyone else hear back from Johns Hopkins? I'd love to meet others who were accepted into the program!

Good luck to everyone else!!! I hope we all get accepted somewhere this year!

Congrats on your acceptance Pugsley! Would you mind sharing what your area of research is?

Also, did the DGS send out a mass e-mail of acceptance, or was it catered just to you? Thanks!

It seems that LMS is our UW-M insider...

LMS, what did they say about me???

Lol. I wish I knew! I wish I knew what they were saying about all of us! But just seeing that pending link still is a bit of a killer.

Thanks, Lms13. I hope we hear either way. The anticipation is killing me, but then again, not knowing also has its perks. Then I can remain in lala land a little longer. Did UW-M indicate whether they were sending acceptances or rejections via e-mail or snail mail? Oh, and Sapperdaddy, my area of emphasis is modern South Asia.

From what I understand, they do a combination of both, but usually, there is an email followed by snail mail.

Hi all!

Good luck to everyone else!!! I hope we all get accepted somewhere this year!

Wow, PUGS! I thought my list of schools was ridiculously top-heavy (in terms of "national ranking"). The schools on your list all are top-top shelf...I'm impressed with your confidence level...your early returns suggest it was quite justified by the way!

Just check my UT Austin status on the website... denied. Oh man, I really hope it's not a repeat of last year. Please please please!

:( Dont' get discouraged. This whole process is unnerving and nutty, and a total crapshoot. The factors involved are too many to even imagine.