Fall 2012 Applicant Chit Chat

goldielocks

Congrats, WendyDarling! :)

So, fellow Rutgers applicants, what's the consensus? Do we think acceptances are all out? Or only to certain subfields? Only Americanists? I can't decide.

I think that, as an Americanist, I'm screwed lol. But if I were a non-Americanist I would still have hope

I'm giving all the credit to Toulouse for starting the day off with positive thinking.

Haha! Thanks, WendyDarling, but I think all your hard work and abilities paid off! I hope tomorrow brings positive results for those still waiting for answers (me :) ) on this history thread. As for Safferz, I agree wholeheartedly with what Oseirus said!

Congrats, WendyDarling! :)

So, fellow Rutgers applicants, what's the consensus? Do we think acceptances are all out? Or only to certain subfields? Only Americanists? I can't decide.

Congrats WendyDarling!

I don't think we're out of the game yet, Goldie. There are so many non-Americanists that frequent this forum that I would think that at least ONE of us would be accepted (RIGHT?!). That latest Rutgers accept makes me think that there are still official offers that will be sent out over the next couple of days.

I will give up on Rutgers after Friday. But lets keep hope until then!

My Dad would always tell me to wait until the fat lady sings (which was usually followed by him or my Mom immediately breaking into song, lol). I will still try to follow his advice :)

Thanks for the reassurance WendyDarling!

Edited by wikichic

It seems like last year, Rutgers made it's acceptances between the 16-17 and the rest were rejections (rejections that happened much, much later). So here's for hoping today is a good day for all of us Rutgers non-Americanist hopefuls!

I have to imagine that the evaluation is correct - that so far only Americanists have been told. Is it possible other subfields haven't even met yet? Oh bother.

I am stopping all temptation to email my POI and ask what's up.

So it seems like our computer system is still down at work (we have an idiotic IT guy). I'm teetering between enjoying the day again, needing to do some work, or wanting to be sent home (our boss would definitely do that).

I hope you Rutgers people here good news today!!

Has anyone heard anything from Emory? I saw an acceptance for Ancient History on the results page, but that was it. Anyone care to give some information about their acceptance?

I was wondering this exact same thing. Given the size of the program and GC participation rates it might be possible that they have already sent out all of their acceptances and only two posted, but I'm still guarding a flickering hope.

Edited by RevolutionBlues

Lately, my morning mood goes from "TODAY COULD BE THE DAY! :D" to "today... could be... a terrible day."

I'm just happy that my Hebrew class at NYU has no service in the basement, so I can't be worrying about checking my email for that hour and 15 minutes. Oh, and the subway has become a nice refuge for relaxation as well (until I go above ground across the Manhattan Bridge and go immediately to check the phone.) Anyone? Anyone?

So after an hour and ten minutes my computer finally finished logging in. Luckily, my internet is working today (not the server though, so all the lovely files I need to work on are inaccessible). This place does seem kinda dead though. I wish it was March already!

Congrats WendyDarling!

I don't think we're out of the game yet, Goldie. There are so many non-Americanists that frequent this forum that I would think that at least ONE of us would be accepted (RIGHT?!). That latest Rutgers accept makes me think that there are still official offers that will be sent out over the next couple of days.

I will give up on Rutgers after Friday. But lets keep hope until then!

That sounds like a good plan. Rutgers is the last of my top 3 that I have to hear back from (Northwestern, UT, Rutgers)... So after I get an answer either way, I can start making plans.

*Pulls out crystal ball and goes into a trance*

I see a lull in the next few days. Perhaps, the dreaded mid-February lull as they call it during application season. I see that we will hear a lot from schools during the last week of Feb., but sparingly in the coming week.

Now that I've said that. I hope that I'm proven wrong!!! :)