Fall 2012 Applicant Chit Chat

goldielocks

KelKel, congrats on your acceptance at Binghamton. It turns out that they dealt with MA applications before PhD ones (pretty strange, isn't it?). This makes me even more nervous because I really want to get in at this school. I have a great fit there and my POI seems really nice. Anyway, congratulations again Kelkel!

KelKel, congrats on your acceptance at Binghamton. It turns out that they dealt with MA applications before PhD ones (pretty strange, isn't it?). This makes me even more nervous because I really want to get in at this school. I have a great fit there and my POI seems really nice. Anyway, congratulations again Kelkel!

Thanks!! I hope that means they have some money for me ;D Hope you hear some good news soon! I also hope that I don't have to wait until next week to get an email with more details. What will I do all weekend!!

Thanks everyone else too! I hope y'all won't fret over the weekend and enjoy it!

Just checking in in general... congrats to acceptances this week and condolences for the rejections. The game is nearly over!

I hope that I wasn't the only one who almost dropped the fellowship letter while reading it because it's hard to believe that I actually get paid to research and study history!! Even my parents had to admit that it's all a wonderful thing and are just super thrilled that somebody's willing to do this!

Well I'm guessing that the best I can hope for from UConn is a "wait list" - which is maybe a Higher Power reminding me that UMaine is probably a better program for me - they accepted me in less than two weeks so they must really want me and there's a lot to be said for that. Heck I only applied to the two programs so I batted .500, right ? ;)

Hi all, my congratulations to all the acceptances!

Can anyone claim yesterday's Oxford MA acceptance? If so, did you apply for the November or January deadline?

Many thanks and congratulations.

Hi all, my congratulations to all the acceptances!

Can anyone claim yesterday's Oxford MA acceptance? If so, did you apply for the November or January deadline?

Many thanks and congratulations.

Also is anyone applying for the March deadline?

Okay so for all of the Spanish Empire and Latin America scholars. I have your daily dose of language prep:

I am not a Spanish leaning historian so I was offended by this video not having a translation for those of us who can't sprechen ze Spanish

I just got into Boston U (and posted it in the Results board). I had my guard down, it being a Saturday afternoon. It was an email from a POI, so don't fret if you applied there but didn't receive notice yet. He mentioned that the grad school won't sent out official offers for a while. (if you want more details feel free to PM, I don't want to be tacky)

Congrats to the other recent acceptances. But I wanted to say thanks so much to everyone on this board for being so supportive and helpful over these past few months. The kind comments and PMs have helped me immeasurably. Since my application season is winding down (save for a couple of wait lists and an imminent rejection from ND) I just wanted to sincerely wish everyone who's still waiting the best possible luck. This time last week I was thinking of alternatives next year (partly where to live, partly what to research, partly which Starbucks to work at), and now I have a couple of funded offers that are great fits for me - which just goes to show the importance of staying hopeful and optimistic. Thank you all so much.

Edited by Simple Twist of Fate

I just got into Boston U (and posted it in the Results board). I had my guard down, it being a Saturday afternoon. It was an email from a POI, so don't fret if you applied there but didn't receive notice yet. He mentioned that the grad school won't sent out official offers for a while. (if you want more details feel free to PM, I don't want to be tacky)

Congrats to the other recent acceptances. But I wanted to say thanks so much to everyone on this board for being so supportive and helpful over these past few months. The kind comments and PMs have helped me immeasurably. Since my application season is winding down (save for a couple of wait lists and an imminent rejection from ND) I just wanted to sincerely wish everyone who's still waiting the best possible luck. This time last week I was thinking of alternatives next year (partly where to live, partly what to research, partly which Starbucks to work at), and now I have a couple of funded offers that are great fits for me - which just goes to show the importance of staying hopeful and optimistic. Thank you all so much.

Congrats or as they say in Spanish ... Que Hora Es?

Guys!!!!!!!!!! I'm in at Stony Brook and they're nominating me for a fellowship which will "enhance considerably the amount" of $ they are offering!

I'm so stoked. I'm on the bus to the airport and I got an email from the DGS and started cackling and flailing about. I then apologized to everyone on the bus and they smiled at me. Super happy!!

And congrats Twist of Fate!!!

Edited by crazedandinfused

Guys!!!!!!!!!! I'm in at Stony Brook and they're nominating me for a fellowship which will "enhance considerably the amount" of $ they are offering!

I'm so stoked. I'm on the bus to the airport and I got an email from the DGS and started cackling and flailing about. I then apologized to everyone on the bus and they smiled at me. Super happy!!

Congrats CandI! So happy for you :-)

Congrats STF and C&I!!! Now you are going to be doctoral students like some of us! :) Can we have a spread thread for next year as a support group thing?

Congrats Crazed! Not going to lie, I'm trying to get into the UMass MA program. . . so I'm doublely happy for you ;-)

Donde esta la biblioteca!!!! Congrats!

YAY! Is our Goldie back from her gallivanting ways?

Haha. I'm just waiting to fly home from Chicago. I was surprised to meet so many grad cafe lurkers and members at Northwestern!

Haha. I'm just waiting to fly home from Chicago. I was surprised to meet so many grad cafe lurkers and members at Northwestern!

are we going to get stories?