Fall 2012 Applicant Chit Chat

goldielocks

Regarding Georgetown - I too am waiting to hear something. I noticed the latest rejection said via website but I think that applicant is international? Maybe that's the difference? When I go online, all I can see is my application - that it was submitted successfully and that my LORs were received. Maybe I'm going to the wrong site?

That's all I see too. I'll just wait patiently for my rejection to arrive in my mailbox.

I'll use this post to thank everyone for their congratulations, and to preemptively thank anyone else for any congratulations given after this post. And to also congratulate everyone that has received acceptances, and to preemptively congratulation anyone who will receive acceptances. And to those that on the verge of despair, I can guarantee you that I've been rejected by more graduate programs then you. It will work out, have hope.

Hi all. First time poster here. I was also accepted to Temple for the PhD in American History. I wrote the DGS about funding, and he said they're still trying to figure that out with the College of Liberal Arts. He did indicate that I had reason to be optimistic that I would receive something, however.

I was also accepted to the University of South Carolina with five full years of funding/assistantship. Great program if you want to study the U.S. South. Very stoked about that!

I was also waitlisted at UNC-Chapel Hill. UNC is my first choice, so I hope I can eventually move up!

Results are slow today, indeed! I'm not hopeful about getting in anywhere this cycle (my app needs some refinement), but I don't want to give up prematurely either.... UCLA and UVA dragging out their decisions is not helping me move on to my Plan B!

Being stuck in Limbo is awful... :( Though I'm sure being rejected will feel worse! Ahh- decisions, decisions...

Anyway-- here's to wishing all my other fellow applicants a ton of good news this week! We'll get through this cycle yet!

Anyone want to claim the BC master's acceptance? Man, I wish they would just tell me what's up so I can cross them off my list because if they're the only MA receiving financial aid then I'm definitely not hoping for anything.