Fall 2012 Applicant Chit Chat

goldielocks

So I just got an email from another one of my mid-tier programs and the "grad committee is interested in my application" but they still don't have my transcript. Strange things have been afoot at my registrar's office and I'm getting one sent now (via FedEx).

But I would imagine this a good sign!!

Edited by crazedandinfused

Dont worry about the transcript not getting there. If your application is strong and of interest (which clearly it is), they will wait for it most definitely. Some schools take a scanned copy of your transcript and dont ask for the official ones unless you're accepted Cornell and Emory). Ask them if thats okay for now.

So I just got an email from another one of my mid-tier programs and the "grad committee is interested in my application" but they still don't have my transcript. Strange things have been afoot at my registrar's office and I'm getting one sent now (via FedEx).

But I would imagine this a good sign!!

Nice! That has to be good news...

On the topic of lost/missing application components, I had this same experience a couple weeks ago and as nice as technology is - and I truly do appreciate being able to submit stuff online and pay app fees online and such - there is something to be said for how this worked when I applied to college, i.e. putting transcripts/printed essays/sealed letters of recommendations/etc in a big envelope and sending it in myself. At least I was more confident that everything had gotten there...now I keep freaking out about whether all of my schools really have all of the rec letters/transcripts/etc.

Dont worry about the transcript not getting there. If your application is strong and of interest (which clearly it is), they will wait for it most definitely. Some schools take a scanned copy of your transcript and dont ask for the official ones unless you're accepted Cornell and Emory). Ask them if thats okay for now.

Yeah, they already have a scanned copy, so this is just making me all the more excited because I imagine they would need an official one for official reasons...... :) I'm calling in an hour and I'm gonna try to glean some hint of where I stand from the secretary.

Edited by crazedandinfused

Has anyone else had a dream that they were accepted/rejected yet? I had a really, really realistic one last night, in which I was accepted to UIC. I think it was from the chatting I was doing on here before bed. It was incredibly realistic, and then I woke up, and it was 4:30 AM, and still January. Depressing.

Also, have any of you thought about what you will do to celebrate if/when you get your first acceptance? If I get one, I fully intend to do this:

Yes, a couple of nights ago I dreamt of a endless stream of waitlists. I was even getting waitlisted by programs where I did not apply. I was going out of my mind!

Alos, I would really like to see Goldie do the Smarty Pants Dance!

Got a nice email from my POI at Columbia. Nothing certain yet, but he says "the History department is moving full speed ahead on graduate applications" and we should hear something soon, unless the bureaucracy ties things up. Seems like a good sign but honestly any word at all just makes me more nervous.

Congrats to teachgrad and taybaxter! Hope we hear a little more in the next few days, but I would guess there won't be much until next week.

Anyone have any new hobbies/stress relief tactics to suggest? I tried my usual ballet class last night and somehow the teacher reminding us that "swimsuit season is coming up!!" was ineffective in terms of lowering my stress level.

I tried talking about scuba diving with others who were interested, but some got offended.

Does a comprehensive website with acceptance/rejections statistics actually exist?

Whenever I google X State University graduate programs 2011 acceptance rate I get an absolute barrage of worthless and totally unrelated links.

http://www.petersons.com/graduate-schools.aspx

That site has pretty good data but I don't know where they get it or what year it's from. At this stage of the game it might just be masochism to go through all those numbers.