Fall 2012 Applicant Chit Chat

goldielocks

I just want it to be the end of next week already. There was so much nervous chatter on here over the last 2 days...very few results or actual news. Hope everybody can hang in there

I agree! This may not be a popular sentiment but I have sneaking suspicion that Harvards, Columbias, Princeton, et alia, will not be making legit announcement until we get closer to the end of this month. So that sucks as far as waiting goes but regardless of a POI giving positive indications, a lot of these AdComs haven't met yet which leads me to make my guess

I agree! This may not be a popular sentiment but I have sneaking suspicion that Harvards, Columbias, Princeton, et alia, will not be making legit announcement until we get closer to the end of this month. So that sucks as far as waiting goes but regardless of a POI giving positive indications, a lot of these AdComs haven't met yet which leads me to make my guess

Hey Oseirus! I think next week is acceptance week for the Harvards Columbias et al. Just looking at the last couple of years. So if you don't hear next week, it's bye-bye for those schools. Is your avatar really you Oseirus?

Okay, I call shenanigans on the UT Austin acceptance that I was just posted. They didn't notifiy until the end of February last year. I am not ready to start worrying about a school I knew I could put out of my mind for a few more weeks!

Edited by Kelkel

Hey Oseirus! I think next week is acceptance week for the Harvards Columbias et al. Just looking at the last couple of years. So if you don't hear next week, it's bye-bye for those schools. Is your avatar really you Oseirus?

Well I would be plesantly surprised if that was the case b/c I see so many people have those schools listed. And yes it is I

Hey guys. Just wanted to let you know that I just got wait listed at UT Austin. The email just arrived. Thought I'd explain here before posting it on the results board. Best of luck to everyone else who has an app in right now!

Hey guys. Just wanted to let you know that I just got wait listed at UT Austin. The email just arrived. Thought I'd explain here before posting it on the results board. Best of luck to everyone else who has an app in right now!

Waitlisted at UT as well! very surprised, as I wasn't expecting even that! Good luck to the acceptees and best of luck to everyone else!!!

Congrats to the UT admits and best of luck to the wait-listers! I could use some news today........ Like, concrete news, not "we really like you but can't tell you anything more because we want to teasingly tantalize you" news. Something I can take to the bank, as it were.

Happy February!

What's up with the negative vote for this comment? I mean, a bit tactless, but honest and consistent with what New England Nat led us to believe.

What's up with the negative vote for this comment? I mean, a bit tactless, but honest and consistent with what New England Nat led us to believe.

The voting system on here baffles me as well ... I wish people would explain why they something down or even up ... and as I expect a vote down I thank you for the time

Congratulations to all those who have heard back from UT! If I may, did you receive personalized emails from individual professors, or mass emails from the DGS?

Thanks!

Template email from the DGS.

Feels great to have some concrete results. Congrats to everyone who was offered admission and I'm hoping for positive results for everyone else on the board (and the sooner the better)!