Welcome to the 2011-2012 Cycle

I've found this to be pretty helpful. Again, it uses older data, but it ranks programs along their placement and hiring capacities:

http://jhfowler.ucsd.edu/social_networks_in_political_science.pdf

Anyone want to suggest some weekend reading while I slowly grow insane watching my empty inbox?

I just want to know something! I havent been accepted or rejected to Madison or Duke yet. It is driving me crazy.

Could be waitlists! If you get desperate, I'd just send an e-mail by the department and see what you get back.

You know, I thought the Stanford acceptance was real... but now I'm not sure. I guess Chandelle's absence has really set them back this year.

Yeah, it seemed legitimate. Same with the Berkeley and Ohio State ones.

Hopefully next week!

Anyone here planning on going to the UC Davis recruitment event?

I'm considering it, we'll see what happens in the next week or so though...

Same here, getting some news next week one way or the other would really help to determine if the trip is worth it.

side note - unforeseen benefit to this waiting process: my gmail inbox has never been so cleaned out/organized

I've found this to be pretty helpful. Again, it uses older data, but it ranks programs along their placement and hiring capacities:

http://jhfowler.ucsd...cal_science.pdf

Anyone want to suggest some weekend reading while I slowly grow insane watching my empty inbox?

Read The Sound an the Fury. Part One of the book will make more sense then the charts/figures in that article!

I would not say we have been rejected or waitlisted, for some reason it seems like a number of schools are sending out notifications in waves. However with that said, while Pittsburgh is my personal top choice, I still think my chances in getting in are rather slim given my catastrophically low GRE's scores.

I would not say we have been rejected or waitlisted, for some reason it seems like a number of schools are sending out notifications in waves. However with that said, while Pittsburgh is my personal top choice, I still think my chances in getting in are rather slim given my catastrophically low GRE's scores.

That seems the best explanation. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Hopefully, we both receive pleasant news next week.

I didn't apply to Pittsburgh, but given the existing pattern with UCLA, Duke, and U Michigan I'd say it's entirely possible they're just sending out notifications a few at a time for some unknown reason. I wouldn't freak out yet!

Has anyone claimed the Berkeley notifications? I know first hand just how shockingly unreliable the results page is, so I was curious...

Notification, singular. Either it is fake (seems the likeliest option) or they have only allowed in a handful of students (or even one?) and are waiting with admitting the others. The status of my application, in any case, has not changed from submitted.

Anyways, a new week of agony and anticipation is coming up. Best of luck to all those of us who are still stuck in perfect limbo.

Kids, I have missed hanging out with you this weekend. So much so that I have been reading the 2011 cycle and other old posts. Are we only friends when waiting for decisions? Don't we have some sort of awesome poli sci solidarity discussions we could have instead of this cold radio silence?

That's just my way of saying, hope you guys had a great weekend and are PUMPED for this week of waiting! Whooo!

No, but seriously, the weekend silence is deafening. You know...for the ears attached to my eyeballs that read all of your posts...

Secret Squirrel, "cautious" optimism would make sense, what with your inherently "secretive" nature. ;) Thus, I will throw caution to the wind on your behalf and just be plain ole optimistic for you! SS (can I call you SS?) will conquer the admissions process this week, just you wait and see!

Thanks for your consideration in feeding my habit! :)

Does anybody want to guess which decisions will be sent out in the coming week?

Berkeley and Stanford for sure.

It would be really awesome to have brackets for this process. Whoever is the best psychic wins a nice, fat stipend.

It's March Madness a month early.