Welcome to the 2011-2012 Cycle

Yes, any info about that admission would be appreciated. (Congrats to the person who received the acceptance, by the way!)

I also want to add my voice to the inquiries above. Congrats on the acceptance in any case

Anyone want to claim the Northwestern admit? Who sent the email?

I hopped onto my Northwestern application status check and no movement yet. Interesting to see an acceptance so early, but congratulations to whoever it is!

I hopped onto my Northwestern application status check and no movement yet. Interesting to see an acceptance so early, but congratulations to whoever it is!

The system says it can't find my application. I logged on an hour ago with no problems. Damnit, I need to work, this is stressing me out.

You can probably safely assume that if they want to get in touch with you, they'll manage by email. Or telegraph. Or cloned carrier pigeon.

That's what I was assuming, but just thought I'd make sure I wasn't being misguided. Thanks.

I'm the Northwestern admit. The email was from Prof. Reno. I expected a wave of Northwestern acceptances to start coming through when I posted, so I'm also a bit surprised no one else has responded yet.

Congrats! I also applied to work with him, so I would guess that unless I get an email tonight, I'm toast. S'alright though, I think my research is a better fit for Madison anyway. On that note, do you work with West Africa?

Yay! Another Vandy person! What subfield are you planning to study?

I'm American, with a focus on public opinion and mass political behavior. You? Are you planning on going to the admit weekend?

Congrats on Vandy! Did you both receive e-mails from your POI, or did it look to be a mass e-mail?

Yeah, I also just got an email from the DGS. However, at the end she requested to set up another phone call to extend more personal congratulations and answer any questions. I thought that was a nice touch.

Edited by Carousel

Congrats! I also applied to work with him, so I would guess that unless I get an email tonight, I'm toast. S'alright though, I think my research is a better fit for Madison anyway. On that note, do you work with West Africa?

Thanks!

He's the director of graduate studies, so he wasn't emailing me as a POI. I actually do political theory.

So don't assume you're toast!

Congrats again grrradtime and thanks for appeasing our curiosity. So what I understand from this and from the previous NWU results is, if we do not receive any news within a few days we are indeed toast.

I'm American, with a focus on public opinion and mass political behavior. You? Are you planning on going to the admit weekend?

I am in IR, with a focus on security and the use of third parties. I might go to the admit weekend, but I am going to see if I can visit over my Spring Break instead so I don't miss class. Are you?

Congrats again grrradtime and thanks for appeasing our curiosity. So what I understand from this and from the previous NWU results is, if we do not receive any news within a few days we are indeed toast.

Let the finger crossing and excessive e-mail refreshing begin...again.

ETA: And up goes another acceptance. Looks like they are beginning to roll in. Best of luck, especially to those who haven't heard anything back yet. Is it so terrible that I want options? I'm jealous of those with more than one acceptance, even though I know I'm lucky to have even one.

Edited by ohsnap

I wish I could, I also noticed a new slew of admittances for UC-Davis, congrats to those who were accepted.

I just logged in to check my status and it stated all Maryland decisions would be through the mail, can anyone else confirm this?

I was the "annoying person" who posted about Maryland. On Friday I got an email telling me to check my application online. The letter posted on the application was dated Feb 1. I received a letter the next day which had information about funding. I was really surprised to be notified so soon. I submitted my application mid-January which was only a couple weeks early.

I was the "annoying person" who posted about Maryland. On Friday I got an email telling me to check my application online. The letter posted on the application was dated Feb 1. I received a letter the next day which had information about funding. I was really surprised to be notified so soon. I submitted my application mid-January which was only a couple weeks early.

@christe: sincere congrats on your acceptance. I was the one who called you the "annoying person" (which I took back shortly after if you noticed, so please no hard feelings) thinking that it was a fake post on the day of the application deadline. Schools' tendency of informing us about our results sporadically makes me (and I'm sure many others) seriously jumpy :( good luck to all this week.

Hey all,

Received acceptance email from DSG today, and but voicemail was very confusing. Could you help me to decipher it? I made a topic about it:

http://forum.thegradcafe.com/topic/28301-voicemail-from-stanford-confused/

Thanks!

YEEEHAAAW!!!! Got into my top choice - heard via informal avenues. Not sure when most notifications go out, but I'll see some of you in Palo Alto :)! (really not trolling here - informal phone call of congrats, please don't read into the timing. I heard more information is coming next week, so maybe that's when the official ones go out?)

Thank you for being such a supportive community GC. For those who don't get in this go around - I have 12 rejection letters from a couple years ago. You can do it!

Congrats!!!

YEEEHAAAW!!!! Got into my top choice - heard via informal avenues. Not sure when most notifications go out, but I'll see some of you in Palo Alto :)! (really not trolling here - informal phone call of congrats, please don't read into the timing. I heard more information is coming next week, so maybe that's when the official ones go out?)

Thank you for being such a supportive community GC. For those who don't get in this go around - I have 12 rejection letters from a couple years ago. You can do it!

Congrats!