Welcome to the 2011-2012 Cycle

Got my official notification, going to Stanford. I am almost embarrassed to write this though, never thought it would be me. If this cycle doesn't pan out how you want it to - try again! That's what I did!

Best of luck everybody!

Congrats on the official notification! Anyone else on the forum in at Stanford? I'd like to know if I can cross them off my list.

Congrats on the official notification! Anyone else on the forum in at Stanford? I'd like to know if I can cross them off my list.

Same. I'd rather cross them off sooner, rather than later, as long as I'm done there. Starting 0/2 won't feel great.

Same. I'd rather cross them off sooner, rather than later, as long as I'm done there. Starting 0/2 won't feel great.

Given that the two misses would be Chicago and Stanford, I wouldn't get too worried about it.

Got my official notification, going to Stanford. I am almost embarrassed to write this though, never thought it would be me. If this cycle doesn't pan out how you want it to - try again! That's what I did!

Best of luck everybody!

Congrats!!

I am torn between freaking out and crossing Stanford off the list, or sit tight and just wait until the official notice hits the inbox...

I think i dont get you guys about stanford.... I mean isn t it the case that they haven't notified anyone?

So far, I have no evidence to suggest they've notified anyone, besides anxiousmike who was a special case. Anxiousmike suggested he had just received official notice (after his unofficial notice), which suggested to me there was a possibility that official notices had begun going out, which is why I solicited anyone who had received a response to let us know. In absence of such information, I certainly am not ready to cross them off my list, although I hope to be able to know for certain the results as soon as possible!

Another OSU acceptance was posted on the results board. Since I still didn't hear anything from them, I think it is fair to assume that I am rejected. I am afraid I will say similar things for Northwestern in a few days. Such an uplifting start..

Another OSU acceptance was posted on the results board. Since I still didn't hear anything from them, I think it is fair to assume that I am rejected. I am afraid I will say similar things for Northwestern in a few days. Such an uplifting start..

Nah. Schools seem to be drawing things out as they decide instead of posting all the results at once this year. Don't give up hope!

If you applied to Baylor and were not invited for a campus visit, I think you can check here to see if you are still in the running. Some applicants have been rejected. If there is nothing there, do not worry. The ad com will probably not be making any more decisions until late February.

I have a feeling Berkeley will be today :D

I emailed the Berkeley Grad Registrar yesterday to update my application with details of a conference I had been accepted to and in the response it said that decisions will be sent by the end of Feb. (I swear I didn't ask--she just volunteered the information!) Based on that, I wouldn't hold your breath awaiting a decision from them this week, although I'm desperate to know as well!

But the same cannot be said for other California schools --just got my UCLA rejection! Email with a link to check the website--and had to go through about 4 annoying pages before being able to actually view the result. Ouch! Although I have to admit I wasn't convinced my SOP was up to scratch for the early deadline.

I'm far from an expert in these matters but it looks like of the OSU postings, they have all been in IR (two didn't list a subfield). Last year, people submitted results on 2/4, 2/5, and 2/8. Since the first notices started coming in Monday (2/6), I would say wait until tomorrow afternoon/evening before giving up hope.

Of course, this is just me justifying why I haven't heard anything. With my GRE Verbal score and OSU not accepting writing samples, I'm a real long shot, but here's to wishful thinking.

Either way, good luck. I have a feeling today will be the day we see a lot of posts on the results page from OSU.