Welcome to the 2011-2012 Cycle

Congratulations on all acceptances! Please, spread joy!

If you got accepted to your first choice (and with acceptable funding), please, send a decline notice to your other grad schools.

It will help the others (who are still in limbo) to get their "Good News" messages during the next (hopefully) wave of acceptances.

Peace!

While I can certainly understand your request, I feel like it's a little early to begin asking for that. I know several people who have had a first choice going into the season, but go with another university because of information that they receive at the admissions weekend, whether that be that POIs are too busy during the semester, or that personalities simply don't match up, or other random information that can heavily impact the decision. It's an important decision, it's stressful, and it takes time.

Best of luck to you during your season. Like I've been saying, I'm hoping that everyone here gets in somewhere with some fantastic funding.

ETA: looks like you beat me to it, ss, but I certainly agree with you.

Edited by ohsnap

Congrats Bauhaus, MIT yesterday and now Stanford, you are on a pretty good role. Best of Luck!

So much for my guess that Stanford was done! Congrats to the acceptees.

Thanks a lot, i don t think i deserve this all, but i accept my faith!

I honestly wish the same luck to all!

g

Anybody have any guesses when Columbia might notify?

I hope it's today! I recall someone saying that they heard it would be "early to mid" this week. Fingers crossed that I'll have some good luck with all the good news flying around the board last night!

I hope it's today! I recall someone saying that they heard it would be "early to mid" this week. Fingers crossed that I'll have some good luck with all the good news flying around the board last night!

I hope so too! Here's hoping we both get in! :-) Best of luck!

Anybody have any guesses when Columbia might notify?

I talked to the Columbia DGS this week and she said early to mid week. So I'm with you hoping it's early :)

I talked to the Columbia DGS this week and she said early to mid week. So I'm with you hoping it's early :)

Thanks for the info! I'm glad some people are braver about calling these schools than I am.

I seriously feel like throwing up. This is THE week and somehow I fear that by the end of the week I've been rejected by all universities. Any advices how to cheer myself up? I listened ten times to Michel Teló's "ai se eu the pego" but it does not work anymore ^_^

Congratulations to everyone for all the good news! I'm especially pumped for those who are hearing their first! Imagine a bird moonwalking...no, not just a bird...an emu...yes....that's what I'm doing right now.

In my head, of course. I'm not actually a bird.

Wait, what?

I seriously feel like throwing up. This is THE week and somehow I fear that by the end of the week I've been rejected by all universities. Any advices how to cheer myself up? I listened ten times to Michel Teló's "ai se eu the pego" but it does not work anymore ^_^

Watch RuPaul's Drag Race. Impossible not to make you laugh (and cringe, hm).

Watch RuPaul's Drag Race. Impossible not to make you laugh (and cringe, hm).

haha, I just LOLed! This is great!!! thx CooCooCachoo.

Edit: oh, how I miss US TV

Edit2: just watched an episode - love it! That really cheered me up. If I don't get into grad school, I will get unemployment compensation and become a full-time "RuPaul's Drag Race" viewer ;)

Edited by swisschocolate

I don't like it. Not only are schools not making decisions, people on the board aren't putting up new posts. It's too quiet.

GradCafe is supposed to entertain me!

Though I'm more of a lurker, I agree. This board is too quiet. I need it to entertain me to take away some of the pain associated with waiting for decisions.

On a more optimistic note, University of Washington's website says that they make decisions by the middle of February and then send out notifications. It is mid-February, so hopefully we'll hear from them soon. =)

Edited by CairoKid