Welcome to the 2011-2012 Cycle

I don't know, the Chandelle thing is throwing me off. Also, what's the Yale consensus? Why 2 random interview requests last week and an acceptance this week? Fake?

Like I said: flummoxed.

Edit: Also, Google Analytics tells me that my personal website received 5 hits from the greater San Francisco area.

Edited by balderdash

I don't know, the Chandelle thing is throwing me off. Also, what's the Yale consensus? Why 2 random interview requests last week and an acceptance this week? Fake?

I'd like to know about Yale, too. Also, if I remember correctly, one of the interviews was supposedly going to happen today. I'd like to know how it went.

I'm not sure of the new Yale policy, but I dont think they have to interview everyone they want to accept.

All right, seriously. I've gotten 3 "someone just searched for you on google"s in the last hour. Not cool, universe. Not cool.

By the way, anyone have an interesting Valentine's Day?

May I brag a little bit? It is out of character, at least.

The girlfriend works until 9 tonight. Sucks. Don't want to go out to dinner that late (she has a huge audition on Friday so sleep cycle is very important at the moment). So, what to do.

Clearly, the answer is an Arrested Development picnic. We will watch AD (ZOMG YES) while eating:

Slow-roasted clover honey-infused bruschetta with fresh ricotta and extra buckwheat honey

Honey pots de creme with mint (yes, honey was the theme)

Fresh prosciutto and soprasetta with black grapes, leaf-wrapped Vache de Chalais, and bourbon-washed Pie D'Angloys.

Strawberries and raspberries---some in Gran Manier with fresh whipped cream and some with sour cream and brown sugar.

Yes, this is meant to be a recruitment tool. The Wegman's in Pittsford, NY rocks. And yes, this may be my last post for a while due to the fact that I will be getting gout after all this food (and accompanying wine).

Others should share their plans, too---stop talking about work, dudes/ettes.

Edited by coachrjc

The easiest way to verify anything about Stanford is to call. The acting graduate program administrator Kelly Rosellen's office can be reached by (650) 723 1908. Just wonder if anyone is willing to take one for the team (though I am not able to). If anyone decides to call, be sure to ask if all ADMISSION offers have been made and announced. Cauz they may tell you that all decisions will be announced later in the month, while it may well be a huge round of rejection emails sent out.

Speaking of food, anyone going to MPSA and planning on making it to any dinners while in Chicago? I'm bringing my girlfriend, and I'm planning on using my travel grant to fund Alinea. Anyone been there and have any thoughts?

Speaking of food, anyone going to MPSA and planning on making it to any dinners while in Chicago? I'm bringing my girlfriend, and I'm planning on using my travel grant to fund Alinea. Anyone been there and have any thoughts?

Alinea is awesome.

If your travel grant is big enough you can go to NEXT for a 33 course meal at 350 dollars a ticket. :P

So I just got off of the UCLA funding waitlist. The offer is tuition remission, fee waivers, and $24,000 first year. Years 2-5 I'm guaranteed a TAship, starting at ~$17k and rising to about $20k by the end of the program. Notably, there's no mention of health insurance, though apparently there is provision for housing assistance.

This is great news, but I don't think it'll budge me from Madison. As nice as $24k would be, it'll drop considerably second year, and living expenses in LA won't be very good. For anyone on the UCLA fellowship waitlist, I'll probably be declining the offer unless Madison's funding is atrocious.

So I just got off of the UCLA funding waitlist. The offer is tuition remission, fee waivers, and $24,000 first year. Years 2-5 I'm guaranteed a TAship, starting at ~$17k and rising to about $20k by the end of the program. Notably, there's no mention of health insurance, though apparently there is provision for housing assistance.

This is great news, but I don't think it'll budge me from Madison. As nice as $24k would be, it'll drop considerably second year, and living expenses in LA won't be very good. For anyone on the UCLA fellowship waitlist, I'll probably be declining the offer unless Madison's funding is atrocious.

17k in LA seems impossible to live off of.

Another Yale interview up. Any takers?

Edit: And another. Either it's a silent generation of Yale admits, or the trolls are worried we've cottoned on.

If you check the conversion table from ETS, you will see that certain GRE scores are not possible. When someone says that s/he has that score, it makes me very skeptical. Then again, maybe it's just a typo.

Edited by PoliSci27