PoliSci 2008-2009 Cycle

CAPoliSciPhD

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm the texas am admit. came home and there was a UPS overnighted package with the acceptance letter. preview weekend is the weekend of mach 20th. anyone else?

Congrats. TAMU's got a pretty good program. College Station isn't much, but the department has killer facilities and financial resources.

Hello Everyone,

I am also an addition to the community and would like to introduce myself after observing the site for the past few weeks.

I am currently finishing my undergrad degree in Political Science at a top 10 (bottom half) school in Canada.

CGPA

spark25 said:
Which schools are expected to notify the applicants next week. Perhaps we can put a list together each week of schools that have in the past years notified students during the same time frame.

Excepting the schools that we have already heard from -- UC-Davis, Emory, Illinois, Michigan State, and aTm -- the list for this week includes:

ALMOST GUARANTEED

North Carolina (and from my information they're very close)

Ohio State (many, if not all, of us got our status changed, so it looks like they're mobilizing)

Virginia

Wisconsin

POTENTIALLY

UCLA (sent out a batch of rejections February 5 last year)

WUSTL

UC-Berkeley

Stanford

Yale

I think that's about it for this week. My guesses for the week are UNC, OSU, UVA, UW-Madison, UCB, and Yale. I also guess that OSU will be next.

Continued good luck to all!

Oh, they were the first to reject me when I applied back in 2007 (I believe it was February 2). Now, I was an incredibly shaky candidate, so it's certainly possible that they just wanted rid of me sooner than later. So yeah...no inside info and probably erroneous. High five, me!

coachrjc said:

Excepting the schools that we have already heard from -- UC-Davis, Emory, Illinois, Michigan State, and aTm -- the list for this week includes:

ALMOST GUARANTEED

North Carolina (and from my information they're very close)

Ohio State (many, if not all, of us got our status changed, so it looks like they're mobilizing)

Virginia

Wisconsin

POTENTIALLY

UCLA (sent out a batch of rejections February 5 last year)

WUSTL

UC-Berkeley

Stanford

Yale

I think that's about it for this week. My guesses for the week are UNC, OSU, UVA, UW-Madison, UCB, and Yale. I also guess that OSU will be next.

Continued good luck to all![/quote

Will love to hear from yale.. so i can either give up the dream or celebrate all month long.. :D

Hopefully, we are expected to hear back from 10 schools and I have only one on that list of ten. Which means, all the other schools will come much later on for me. I really hate this waiting process. It is burning me out! At least we have the Super Bowl in about an hours time!!

It looks like Stanford and UCLA are the schools we should hope NOT to hear from next week, since all of the early notifications were negative.

I thought there were some Stanford acceptances in the first week of February?

Sort of. The results search showed a big wave of rejections on 02/06, and then acceptances started trickling in 3 or 4 days later.

Edit: UCLA, in contrast, is quite a bit more bleak, with a bunch of early rejections and no acceptances until the second or third week in Feb. I really don't want to hear from UCLA next week.

so i guess UVA would be the first of my list to hear from...

unrelated, i'd like to ask a silly question...why do all these programs stress on their sites that no decisions will be rendered thru email or phone, yet people do seem to find out in this way?

so i guess UVA would be the first of my list to hear from...

unrelated, i'd like to ask a silly question...why do all these programs stress on their sites that no decisions will be rendered thru email or phone, yet people do seem to find out in this way?

I know what you mean.. its annoying...