PoliSci 2008-2009 Cycle

CAPoliSciPhD

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been refreshing this site pretty obsessively ever since I discovered it last week. I have yet to hear from Yale and it seems more acceptances and now a waitlist have been posted on the results. I'm starting to worry I've been forgotten. I noticed that bigcheese and rlayla were in the same boat as of yesterday. Could you two post on here whenever you hear anything or send me a message or something? I need to know when to give up hope.

I've been refreshing this site pretty obsessively ever since I discovered it last week. I have yet to hear from Yale and it seems more acceptances and now a waitlist have been posted on the results. I'm starting to worry I've been forgotten. I noticed that bigcheese and rlayla were in the same boat as of yesterday. Could you two post on here whenever you hear anything or send me a message or something? I need to know when to give up hope.

Hi there, welcome to our Yale in-limbo group. We both called all over the place but they wont' tell us anything besides that decisions have been made and it should be soon. We'll let you know as soon as we hear anything else.

Good luck!

I've been reading this site for the last few weeks. Just thought I'd verify that I'm one of the San Diego posters.

Good luck to everyone in the process! This was my first decision, and we all still have a long way to go!

Never! :P

I just want everyone to make an informed decision, and plisar should know that you can see the ocean from the Social Science Building at UCSD, that Madison, Wisconsin is one giant beautiful lake, and that Seattle was ranked one of the best places to live in the United States, along with San Diego.

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/seat ... 160660.asp

I don't think this should affect your decision. ;)

Can any of the NYU people reveal themselves?

Sorry, I had to tell my wife, who is currently out of town, before I revealed it to a bunch of anonymous strangers on the internet...

I received near-simultaneous emails about an hour ago from Peter Rosendorff at NYU (adcomm chair, actually sent via an administrator) and Lawrence Broz at UCSD (DGS).

Someone else asked about fields, I think--I do IR (strong IPE/institutions focus)/Methods (have formal background, looking to tech up more in quant).

Wow! All these results being posted and I've still heard only from (rejected) Yale! It's maddening that I still have 7 programs left to hear from and some of them (WashU and Emory) have already issued some notifications. Just to share with the group... IR, 4.0 undergrad, 600V/720Q, trilingual, one publication, 2 research projects, 5 years military service (overseas assignments and combat experience)...

Sorry for the rant but I'm going nuts and need to share with a group that can relate with what I'm going through... :oops:

Just got a follow-up from an administrator at UCSD about the visit weekend (3/10-11) that didn't have recipients addresses hidden. There were 54 addresses in the to: field (and no I won't reveal any of them...), which to me probably means if you're not among them, you're not in (though I don't know what they do in the way of a waitlist...). Sorry if that bursts any bubbles (and maybe I'm wrong), but I figure I'd rather know all the information than be kept waiting.

Wow! All these results being posted and I've still heard only from (rejected) Yale! It's maddening that I still have 7 programs left to hear from and some of them (U Wash and Emory) have already issued some notifications. Just to share with the group... IR, 4.0 undergrad, 600V/720Q, trilingual, one publication, 2 research projects, 5 years military service (overseas assignments and combat experience)...

Sorry for the rant but I'm going nuts and need to share with a group that can relate with what I'm going through... :oops:

I'm in the same boat, so far I've only gotten a Yale rejection. But I think we'll hear a lot more in the next two weeks. So take up some kind of addictive hobby for the next 4 days or so, or you can help me finish my senior thesis which is what I'm using to keep myself busy.