PoliSci 2008-2009 Cycle

CAPoliSciPhD

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn! Still no word from U. Washington (they said they're not done), Georgetown, Chicago (but I know what that means) and UF. Yale, Emory, and Columbia have all essentially said no. If I don't get into any of them I'll just join the damn police department. What else can you do with a Bachelor's in PoliSci? What really sucks is that I know I would be an incredible professor... :evil:

I'm joining the military....

Nah, I was in the Army for several years. The problem for you could be that you pay attention to the outside world and might have to do something you think is wrong. A tough situation to put yourself in. And Iraq is way too hot...

I'm joining the military....

Funny you should say that....I'm in the military and hoping academia is my way out. Salary, job security and retirement are fantastic on the officer side, but it's still the military...deployments suck and it's not always the most intellectually satisfying job, even in the intel field. Guess you just can't win during times like these.

If you are actually serious about joining, feel free to PM me.

Sigh. 1st rejection today from Princeton. But, I appreciate them sending out en masse, even the rejects, because now I won't be sitting here chewing my nails to bits while the rest receive their acceptances and I'm left in limbo.

Congrats to all who did get in!