PoliSci 2008-2009 Cycle

CAPoliSciPhD

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of schools coming up. Ultimately, I am only waiting on three schools: news from Harvard and MIT, and who knows what is going on with Berkeley.

Othewise, I already know where I'm leaning toward.

Lots of schools coming up. Ultimately, I am only waiting on three schools: news from Harvard and MIT, and who knows what is going on with Berkeley.

Othewise, I already know where I'm leaning toward.

Which is?? Come on, you can't leave it like that!

Is the stress of waiting and worrying (both about decision results, about the reality of actually beginning a PhD program, and about the logistics of uprooting yourself to begin said program) taking a toll on anyone else's physical health? I've been sick with a cold for a week and a half, and suffering from some nasty insomnia.

Is the stress of waiting and worrying (both about decision results, about the reality of actually beginning a PhD program, and about the logistics of uprooting yourself to begin said program) taking a toll on anyone else's physical health? I've been sick with a cold for a week and a half, and suffering from some nasty insomnia.

Insomnia? Hell, I wake up, and I mean completely up, at 3:30 every damn night... it's like my body gets just enough sleep (3 or 4 hours) and then my brain takes over and says "got work to do!" ugh

In fact, I wish I was writing my dissertation now because I certainly have enough time to do so!!!!!

If Harvard don't notify today, that would pretty much be the first time they have failed to do so on the Monday of the last week in Feb.

I don't know what I will do if they don't notify today. I've already drunk so much coffee that my arteries are about to explode.

I'm still waiting. Not holding out much hope at this point, though.

Yeah, I just called the department and they said that decisions have all been made and if you haven't heard then you won't be getting an offer. And since someone on the results page got waitlisted via e-mail I assume this means waitlisters have been notified too.

Would anyone be able to hazard a guess at when Princeton's WWS will notify for Public Policy PhDs? They're my last hope and going by last year they didn't notify until mid-March. I'm not sure I can handle waiting that long for another no, so any inside info would be hugely appreciated!

I took a mini-vacation to Savannah with my significant other. Except for a few moments of anxiety, I really didn't think about this stuff all that much.

But then I got back last night and saw that people are already hearing from Georgetown, and now I'm flipping. That, and I have someone from Florida who's supposed to call, and I haven't heard from that person yet...

Back to full-on anxiety mode. 11am Monday morning, and I'm already in need of another three-day weekend mini-vacation. Yikes.

Congratulations to all who are receiving good news in this worst of all possible years.

Yeah, I just called the department and they said that decisions have all been made and if you haven't heard then you won't be getting an offer. And since someone on the results page got waitlisted via e-mail I assume this means waitlisters have been notified too.

This saddens me...

This is basically what I had assumed was the case, given the number of admits we saw and that there were already waitlisted folks, but it does suck to hear it put so definitely.

I really want to move back to Boston. I got rejected from BC, which means MIT is almost certainly a "No." The jury is still out on BU. I have a master's from BU in another field, so I don't know if that will help or hurt. If I get into BU with funding, I'll go. Unless I get funding from Georgetown, that is...

Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone knows about Northeastern's program. I emailed them after I got my BC rejection and today they finally came back and said that yes, even though their deadline was 2/1, I should apply to the program. Does anyone know anything about it, positive or negative? Is anyone else applying there?