MFA 2012 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ellsworthy

happy friday everyone! hope we hear some good news to celebrate the weekend with!

edit: Has anyone heard anything back from MassArt 2d program after interviews?

I interviewed at MassArt, too (for a different program, granted), and haven't heard anything yet either. I think it's been about three weeks now.

same here..more than 2 weeks..n i have not heard anything back...

I don't know--I interviewed at Tyler almost two weeks ago, and haven't heard back. As far as I can tell from this forum, no one seems to have heard anything one way or the other.

MassArt seems to be taking their sweet time. It seems like other programs tell you pretty quickly after the interview. I have my first interview tomorrow, so hopefully that's the case.

Yes, but the cost of living is a lot higher. I did the math, considering the cost of student insurance for me and my wife and kids. Factored in the higher rent as we need at least a 3 bedroom house. And after all that, $13K a year stipend at Ohio State is equivalent to about $26K at Rutgers. So the lower amount at Ohio State is actually worth more than the higher amount at Rutgers.

Of course, if you only need a studio and only need to insure yourself, then the Rutgers deal is better. I'm still considering Rutgers but the OSU deal is really great. Crazy good insurance program. I'm hoping VCU will accept me and make an even better offer. LOL

Anybody get accepted to VCU and get a good offer they will tell us about?

I got the tuition remission + 24k stipend too but I have no idea if it's enough to pay rent and food...Could you briefly explain the cost of living in Rutgers? Thx a lot!!

the rankings are subjective too...a lot of it comes from optional very short surveys given to the faculty at each school to fill out and return...

Also, you have to realize at Tulane, they are taking only a few students with a full ride and no one else. Often they already have someone in mind, or a teacher who wrote a recomendation knows a faculty member at the school.

Out of curiousity has anyone else simply not heard anything from Tyler one way or the other? I'm a little worried.

You're not the only one. I applied to Tyler (painting) and have not heard back and my online application status has not changed.

I'm curious to see the new rankings that come out on Wednesday

Are the rankings that are being updated Wednesday replacing the old online rankings or the printed ones in their magazine? Just curious.

Sorry to hear that! What program did you apply to? I applied to photo but haven't heard anything yet...

Rejected from UCLA via email. w007.

So, I've been creeping around this forum for a bit, but I didn't join until just now. I'm applying to the following schools for an MFA in graphic design.

1. MICA

2. Pratt (2 interviews completed)

2. SVA (Interaction Design)

4. SAIC (1 interview completed)

5. VCU

VCU said they'd notify people on the third. Anyone heard back?

three more hours til the mail lady comes to my house - waiting on SAIC's decision

I interviewed in the Photo Dept at SAIC last weekend and the Director of Graduate Admissions said that letters would go out next Tuesday, March 13. Knowing this may help temper the anticipation.

Best of Luck!

So, I've been creeping around this forum for a bit, but I didn't join until just now. I'm applying to the following schools for an MFA in graphic design.

1. MICA

2. Pratt (2 interviews completed)

2. SVA (Interaction Design)

4. SAIC (1 interview completed)

5. VCU

VCU said they'd notify people on the third. Anyone heard back?

While I was reading through my email, searching for VCU info, I got an email from Pratt. I just got accepted... with a scholarship. I AM BEYOND ELATED.

Hey Zecchi,

I am waiting on MT. Royal. I remember Chris Harring saying that we would get follow up emails called "getting closer" opportunities for Grad students. during final reviews, Have you got any of those emails?

Hmm Chris never told me that. Nonetheless I've heard nothing since my interview.

Man, if I asked someone to marry me and they waited this long to decide I would tell them good riddance.

I think that this is the equivalent of making sure the pre-nup is suitable before saying yes.

I interviewed in the Photo Dept at SAIC last weekend and the Director of Graduate Admissions said that letters would go out next Tuesday, March 13. Knowing this may help temper the anticipation.

Best of Luck!

Sculpture said it could be as soon as 5 days