MFA 2012 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ellsworthy

That deadline is just at Columbia right? I didn't see a FAFSA deadline at any of the schools I applied to. I know I should do it, but it's just so boring and I'm finally working on art again now that all of the application hoopla is over. I have my taxes done, I just need to log in and punch in all of the info:/

FAFSA doesn't have a deadline per se, but it is best to fill it out as soon as possible. A few schools do have deadlines for getting financial aid info, but that is based per school. Columbia is one of the few that has a separate financial aid application, aside from filling out the FAFSA. So, that Feb 15th deadline is for that application, not just the FAFSA.

Also I remember someone asking about if you should add schools to the FAFSA before they accept you, and YES you need to add all schools you are applying to to your FAFSA. Also, it only lets you add 10 at a time, so if you apply to more than 10, just submit your form with 10 then after it has been processed (usually a few days) then you can go in an edit the form to delete the other schools and add up to 10 more. The info will still be sent to the first 10 even once you erase them.

SAIC is making me very nervous. I just noticed that I never got a confirmation for applying, but the status of my application through their website says I did... also noticing that mySAIC is saying they never got my transcript? They have too many websites with conflicting information.

SAIC is making me very nervous. I just noticed that I never got a confirmation for applying, but the status of my application through their website says I did... also noticing that mySAIC is saying they never got my transcript? They have too many websites with conflicting information.

Sympatico, you should definitely call and/or email them ASAP to see what's going on. I had a similar situation with Cornell that I had to work out.

I have confirmation that my letters/application were submitted (although i did not receive confirmation via email), but where are you seeing whether or not they have received specific things like transcript/portfolio etc?

I have confirmation that my letters/application were submitted (although i did not receive confirmation via email), but where are you seeing whether or not they have received specific things like transcript/portfolio etc?

through the "saic.askadmissions.net" website. How did you receive confirmation for your submissions? The last email I got from them thanked me for starting my application. When I go to the website that handles the online application it says they received my application and recommendations. When I go to the askadmissions site it says they received my portfolio (through slideroom), recommendations and statement, but not my transcript or application. They seem terribly disorganized. I feel like I totally happened upon the askadmissions site by accident.

I too have not heard anything from SAIC in Painting...just waiting...

I also applied to Tyler School of Art (Temple), but haven't heard anything. I thought I saw somewhere they conduct interviews, but now I can't find that info anywhere on the website. Has anyone heard anything or know anything? I don't know if the silence is good or bad!

through the "saic.askadmissions.net" website. How did you receive confirmation for your submissions? The last email I got from them thanked me for starting my application. When I go to the website that handles the online application it says they received my application and recommendations. When I go to the askadmissions site it says they received my portfolio (through slideroom), recommendations and statement, but not my transcript or application. They seem terribly disorganized. I feel like I totally happened upon the askadmissions site by accident.

Why wouldn't you just call admissions?

I'm starting to think we missed the boat on that one if we haven't gotten a letter yet; the latest one I heard about was received on the 13th. Ah, well. Best of luck to those who have interviews there!

Well the website says that a "decision letter" is sent out 6-8 weeks after the deadline and that would seem to imply that positive or negative, you'll get a response, and that they might still be sending them out.

I found out today that for whatever reason, my application to SAIC got effed up and thusly not submitted. A tiny bit peeved about that....

Oh, and I talked to the admissions in painting and they said all the interviews and such were scheduled by now.

I found out today that for whatever reason, my application to SAIC got effed up and thusly not submitted. A tiny bit peeved about that....

Oh, and I talked to the admissions in painting and they said all the interviews and such were scheduled by now.

So everything has gone out? So, what, they just screw up everyone's apps and take their money?

I know that several people have been contacted by Tyler as a finalist. I have been trying to ask them when notifications will go out but they will not give me a response. Does anyone know what the deal is? Do you think that if I have not been contacted that I have been rejected?

Thanks! Good luck to everyone!

So everything has gone out? So, what, they just screw up everyone's apps and take their money?

I'm not sure what happened with mine, I think it may have had something to do with waiting for a recommender. I figured I would mess up an application somehow, but it sucks that I wasn't able to get it fully submitted. Oh well.