any "what are you going to do now" fantasies?

katanianQ

Ugh, MDLee,

You're in Vegas! I lived there many years. It's a wonderful city to leave.

You better believe it. I am counting down the days...and have pretty much decided that PhD program or no PhD program, I am packing up and leaving ASAP. But that's a totally different board (google I Hate Las Vegas...see what comes up).

It's more like the "what are you going to do now" fantasy is a "Oh my God this has been three years in the making, now I can relax".

I'd just like to stop feeling so frivolous, to stop listening to sad music, to stop being a twitching nerve about this admissions nonsense, to understand that there's solid ground under my feet, that the world may not be overcrowded with petty chicanery and false hopes, and to get a full night's sleep. I suppose that's not much of a fantasy. It's a little rough thinking that all the debt I went into last year (not to mention having a long-distance relationship collapse all about me)for the MA doesn't make any sort of difference.

Wow. Sorry. I'll certainly be blackout drunk for a few days afterwards. That sounds like fantasy talk. Woo!...?!

I confess, I've been feeling really tempted to bake a bunch of cookies and go distribute them among the professors who just accepted me to my dream program.

Apparently I am the clingy type. :lol:

Actually, what I'm doing to celebrate is having various meals with various people in my life. Oh, and I've cried kind of a lot (happy tears!), which has surprised me.