The American SIS Fall 2012 Thread

Just got into American SIS via checking the AppYourself site. Looked around for my funding, though, and it seems my financial package consists of 10K in subsidized loans... :wacko: Very sobering.

I'm just going to soak in the moment and not look at my funding package (or lack thereof) until I get home from work....

Just was accepted to AU SIS USFP! So stoked! Best wishes to everyone else applying! I really hope you all get into your top schools!

Same! Super stoked! Did you get any info about funding though? The letter was totally vague about that...I'm holding out hope that they will send it separately soon.

Hmmm...seems everyone that has been notified has been accepted. I'm going to stay positive and say this is just a coincidence or perhaps a biased sample.

I think it might mean people on thegradcafe tend to be pretty well qualified, and that people who are rejected tend not to post about it perhaps, or even post at all...

Finally! Accepted to American SIS-MEPGA with a SIS graduate assistantship award to equate 18 credits remissions per year, monthly stipend, and to work with a faculty member, I so hope I get Dr. Mertus! Too excited now! Good luck and congrats to everyone for SIS!

Finally! Accepted to American SIS-MEPGA with a SIS graduate assistantship award to equate 18 credits remissions per year, monthly stipend, and to work with a faculty member, I so hope I get Dr. Mertus! Too excited now! Good luck and congrats to everyone for SIS!

That's awesome- congrats! I'm really jealous, with my lack of funding for the program :P Was all that info in the acceptance letter?

Has anyone one here received a phone call from AU? I missed a call while I was at work, and it seems that the number is from AU-SIS. Just curious as to what it may be about... (they didn't leave a message) ...

That's awesome- congrats! I'm really jealous, with my lack of funding for the program :P Was all that info in the acceptance letter?

Has anyone one here received a phone call from AU? I missed a call while I was at work, and it seems that the number is from AU-SIS. Just curious as to what it may be about... (they didn't leave a message) ...

I got a call from Dr. Mertus involving EPGA and the graduate assistantship in regards to providing a ranking of faculty within the program to do research with but I'm sure it's nothing but good news since you're getting a call!

Congrats everyone! And legallyproper, props for the assistantship!

I got in (MA- International Politics) but no funding.

Thanks charlotteasia, congrats on your acceptance! :D

Just got my acceptance this morning ! I'm in the ID track and so happy about it not just because it's a top 10 program but also because it's allegedly the cheapest of the best ! 25 K/year. Can't wait to meet the cohort of Fall 2012 and delve into the classes.

Good luck to all.

Jeewai

Applied: SAIS, SIS,GWU,SIPA,Tufts, WWS, Heller, HEI, Sciences Po

Accepted: SIS

RejectedL HEI, Sciences Po

Got in! MA in International Affairs: International Politics.

FA returning error. Looks like I have not got any.

I got in too.. MA in International Dev.

And the same goes,, FA returning error... Does that mean we really haven't got any?

Congrats everyone! And legallyproper, props for the assistantship!

I got in (MA- International Politics) but no funding.

I sent email to FA office. If you get a error in your FA section of the my.american.edu portal it just means you did not receive any financial aid. I was hoping to get some aid. I hope I have more luck with the bigger schools.

Arrggg...my first response and my first rejection. It wasn't one of my top choices, but still doesn't set a good tone for the 7 other letters I'll have to open over the next 2 weeks.

For those reading this getting ready to apply for next year: I think my biggest weakness was my SOP - the word count for SIS's SOP was twice as long as all the others I wrote and I was so burnt out when I wrote it that I definitely didn't give it my all. Oh well, lesson learned.

Congrats to everyone that made it!

I sent email to FA office. If you get a error in your FA section of the my.american.edu portal it just means you did not receive any financial aid. I was hoping to get some aid. I hope I have more luck with the bigger schools.

Thx for the info KJ90

The graduate assistantship portion was under the FINAID page under the myamerican database. The information about the faculty member wasn't displayed but I guess they can see if we have viewed it because I got the call not too long after from a rep from admissions regarding my top choices for faculty members.

Arrggg...my first response and my first rejection. It wasn't one of my top choices, but still doesn't set a good tone for the 7 other letters I'll have to open over the next 2 weeks.

For those reading this getting ready to apply for next year: I think my biggest weakness was my SOP - the word count for SIS's SOP was twice as long as all the others I wrote and I was so burnt out when I wrote it that I definitely didn't give it my all. Oh well, lesson learned.

Congrats to everyone that made it!

Where else did you apply. Also, if you're not too bitter.. stats?

The graduate assistantship portion was under the FINAID page under the myamerican database. The information about the faculty member wasn't displayed but I guess they can see if we have viewed it because I got the call not too long after from a rep from admissions regarding my top choices for faculty members.

Yeah, I went onto mine but it didn't have anything... not even the "fellowship" I did receive. I think I'll email tomorrow to clarify, and then I'll be declining if there's no additional funding.