My friend just informed me that he received the following e-mail from SSHRC:

"The doctoral awards competition is still in process. The results of the competition will be in mail by the beginning of next week. If your mailing address has changed, please inform us as soon as possible so that we may keep your file up to date"

So it looks as though SSHRC is sticking to their original claim to have the results in the mail by late April. Now here's to hoping that someone in the grad studies department will have mercy on me and e-mail me the results before the letter arrives by snail mail!

When did he get that email? Last week or today? I am hoping it was last week!!

My friend just informed me that he received the following e-mail from SSHRC:

"The doctoral awards competition is still in process. The results of the competition will be in mail by the beginning of next week. If your mailing address has changed, please inform us as soon as possible so that we may keep your file up to date"

So it looks as though SSHRC is sticking to their original claim to have the results in the mail by late April. Now here's to hoping that someone in the grad studies department will have mercy on me and e-mail me the results before the letter arrives by snail mail!

Still in progress? Sigh. So frustrating.

Just put us out of our collective misery, SSHRC! I beg of you!

Okay, on the bright side friends, this means that we will probably get the results by the end of next week. That's at least a pretty firm time-frame that we can plan around. Ugh, so anxious!

Okay, on the bright side friends, this means that we will probably get the results by the end of next week. That's at least a pretty firm time-frame that we can plan around. Ugh, so anxious!

Yes, exactly. Sooner, if your grad studies department releases the results of the competition by e-mail. I know that last year I was informed of the results of my MA-SSHRC application by e-mail days before I got the letter in the mail.

hello hello...I emailed SSHRC yesterday about change of address, did not ask ANYTHING about the release of the results. They were nice enough to write back and inform me that ''The results of the Doctoral competition will be mailed out next week at the end of April 2012.''

Somehow I do not have the feeling that this waiting will extend into MAy....so..I think, 2 more weeks of waiting, max. For ppl on both sides of the Atlantic. Good luck!!

This was posted last week though.... so I am a bit confused now! Last week they said this week!! :P

(new member here, been lurking around since last week after being put on waiting list for FQRSC and biting my nails for SSHRC...).

Haven't heard anything from anybody yet neither around here. In the meantime I'll keep on working on that ulcer ;-)

Good luck to all by the way (I know this is a competition but still...).

My guess is that is just their default response. They can't really admit to having no clear idea. I guess the longer it takes, though, the more difficult the decisions were.

My guess is that is just their default response. They can't really admit to having no clear idea. I guess the longer it takes, though, the more difficult the decisions were.

I think the decisions have been made.. it just takes awhile for them to write out and print off all the letters! That's my guess.

Edited by DMMS18

I would agree with you DMMS18. I think it's just bureaucracy at that point. Decisions have probably been made a few weeks ago imho. Now it's about printing letters, labels, sending them etc. From their perspective it doesn't really matter whether people wait an extra week or not ;-)

I would agree with you DMMS18. I think it's just bureaucracy at that point. Decisions have probably been made a few weeks ago imho. Now it's about printing letters, labels, sending them etc. From their perspective it doesn't really matter whether people wait an extra week or not ;-)

Ducon, what committee were you on for FQRSC? I am also on the waitlist for my committee (1st).. I am just hoping if I do not get SSHRC that someone on my committee does (one of 8 people)!

Judging by the rapid uptake in responses to this thread, I suspect that people's tensions/anxiety may have reached the boiling point. Gah!!

As was said earlier, I realize that this is a competition, but best of luck to all of you.

This was posted last week though.... so I am a bit confused now! Last week they said this week!! :P

To be fair, the first email that said they would be "mailed next week at the end of April" could very well have been meant to mean this Friday -- in which case, the newest email that they'll be mailed at the beginning of next week would only be 2-3 days after the deadline proposed by that first email response. So the deadline's creeping a bit but it still seems like a good shot that they'll be mailed end of this week/early next.

Judging by the rapid uptake in responses to this thread, I suspect that people's tensions/anxiety may have reached the boiling point. Gah!!

As was said earlier, I realize that this is a competition, but best of luck to all of you.

Absolutely....I need to finish grading exams for the class that I TA...and it is not getting done.. I seem to have developed extreme symptoms of ADHD.

Well, I think we all can relate. I should be finishing a MA thesis here, but instead I am just watching Twin Peaks and obsessively checking this page. I can't really work when I am in suspense.

ughhh.,..the closer it gets the less confident I become in getting anything..somehow* now it seems I did everything wrong, could have done 1001 rthtings differently.....think I need some holidays after all this stressful waiting, sigh

Well, I think we all can relate. I should be finishing a MA thesis here, but instead I am just watching Twin Peaks and obsessively checking this page. I can't really work when I am in suspense.

This is precisely how I feel. The suspense is making it impossible to work even though I've resigned myself to not getting anything.

Edited by cathaea

Same. My MS Word file is blinking at me accusingly, but I just minimize and refresh GradCafe and my e-mail. Rinse and repeat x1000. I wish I could be productive under this level of anxiety!

I need to work on my thesis but know I will only be able to once the results are finally here!!! hopefully this is soon so I do not fall too far behind.. SSHRC, look @ what you are doing to us :P

Well, I don't know about you guys, but, either way, once I get the results I won't be able to work at any rate: I'll either be in a whiskey-induced coma brought on by infinite happiness or agonizing grief!

Well, I don't know about you guys, but, either way, once I get the results I won't be able to work at any rate: I'll either be in a whiskey-induced coma brought on by infinite happiness or agonizing grief!

AHH true.. if I don't get SSHRC, I will need to wait until June to hear back from FQRSC...this sounds dreadful....my supervisor wants to see a final draft of my thesis by June 20..... :S

the money would be so great to get.....have any of you framed your topic as a continuation of your MA? or is an entireylly different topic? Apparently they don't like the same topics fot both MA and Phd..is that true?

my topics are really different..i have heard stories on both sides of that argument. i have heard that they do not like it when they are too close though!

My scholarship officer informed of this:

"I've checked the SSHRC secure site for university Scholarship Liaison Officers and they are no results listed there.

A SSHRC Rep informed us a couple weeks ago that the Doctoral results will likely not be released until the end of April...and the Master's results

will not be confirmed until early May."