I'm glad someone else will share my pain when we see others have received their letters and we've still got a few more days until they arrive in Oxford! What college are you at?

I emailed a person at SSHRC that I was in contact with a few months ago when there was a problem processing my application. He told me that the letters will be sent out either late this week or early next week.

Thanks oxfordphil for the information. Fingers crossed that letters will come this week. The wait is nerve wracking!

Technically it's late this week right? So we could get them next week!

Word on the street is that it is late this week OR early next week. And, in the language of SSHRC, that could mean by the end of the month.

Word on the street is that it is late this week OR early next week. And, in the language of SSHRC, that could mean by the end of the month.

Let's think happy thoughts -- we're in the home-stretch and will probably be out of our misery by early May!

I can't believe this. It is 4:00 and I have actually met my goals for today....

I think it is because I KNOW the results won't be here until next week... *sigh*

I’m really hoping they will email the results to my school and my supervisor will email me on Friday with the news! Last year I got the news from my supervisor two days before the letter arrived (waitlisted ... #$@!). I want to get hammered this weekend, whether in sorrow (rum) or celebration (Champaign). Group hug now?

Agreed here. I hereby promise to have a thought for all here when I drink tonight, tomorrow night, and on friday night (I have good reasons: long day, friend coming over, friend getting married) :)

Dakon, I feel for you (regarding the French Post, I'm French, I know how much they suck :) )

I love the fact that I eagerly check this thread despite knowing that there will be no news until next week at the earliest anyway. I seem to be almost as interested in our collective moaning as any actual results :P.