Fun Poll - Location!

fenderpete

Where are you from?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Where are you from?

• USA
    • Canada
    • United Kingdom & Republic of Ireland
    • Western Europe (France, Germany, Spain etc.)
    • Eastern Europe & Russia
    • Latin America & Mexico
    • Africa
    • Australia & New Zealand
    • Asia
    • Middle East

Im from the UK too. Have been watching the board for a while (still not worked out whether it helps my own stress levels to read other people's stresses or not), but this is my first post. I'm applying for a philosophy phd.

You missed my part of the world! You're perpetuating the urban myth that goes around here that the rest or the world (OK, America) is particularly ignorant of our existance/thinks we're part of Australia etc.

And no, I won't give you any (more) clues! :wink:

You missed my part of the world! You're perpetuating the urban myth that goes around here that the rest or the world (OK, America) is particularly ignorant of our existance/thinks we're part of Australia etc.

And no, I won't give you any (more) clues! :wink:

Is it New Zealand? Do I win?? :D

(Thank you, "Flight of the Conchords")

Is it New Zealand? Do I win?? :D

(Thank you, "Flight of the Conchords")

Yes, you get the "prize".

In NZ, urban legend has it that American maps omit NZ, that Americans think NZ is connected by bridge to Australia etc etc. Now, most people like to repeat these stories but don't actually believe them. Brett and Jermaine, whenever they do interviews in NZ, they always talk about how their American fans have complimented them on their comic genius in inventing a country and making up bizzarre accents. I think most people know they're joking, but that is now part of the oft repeated lore...

Hmm...South America is missing, I think. And Mexico.

Central America, the Carribean, Pacific Islands.

As a kiwi (note: not the fruit, which is the youngest use of this term) I am dissappointed that Australia gets its own category. It's bad enough there's no NZ, but Australia gets its own line? The whole continent of Africa is grouped together, and Australia is singled out? Don't you know how huge the Aussie ego is? :wink:

I've edited now and I hope that does a slightly better job - only having 10 options is a bit of a problem and now it seems to have aggregated some people who've already voted into the Middle East category :S

It's extremely difficult to do it in 10 polling options.

I've edited now and I hope that does a slightly better job - only having 10 options is a bit of a problem and now it seems to have aggregated some people who've already voted into the Middle East category :S

It's extremely difficult to do it in 10 polling options.

Well done! I hope you didn't take me too seriously; your original poll was better than my non-existant one. I'll go take advantage of having a vote now...