Columbia MSW acceptance rate? Would a MPH be an advantage?

chriskyk

Hey prospective and current MSW-ers! Does anyone know the latest acceptance rate for Columbia's MSW degree? Also, I already have a masters degree in public health benefit my application?

Cheers,

Chriskyk

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I believe Columbia's acceptance rate is around 50% which is actually very high for an ivy league school. I think it is because so many people have to turn down their acceptance due to the absurdly high tuition costs, and the costs of living in nyc. i applied to columbia, hunter, boston university and uw and have not heard back from anywhere yet. i'm starting to get really anxious!

it's so daunting and hard to gauge what schools might be interested. here are my stats.

3.3 GPA from University of Maryland (major polisci)

Currently completing my second year AmeriCorps term with Habitat for Humanity

Have much experience in DC think tanks/government agencies from college, as well as nonprofit orgs

good luck everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

my application status is still INCOMPLETE but the admission replied me that they have all my materials

What should I do?

call them in the morning, explain to them the situation, while your on the phone with them ask them the status of your application