NSERC 2012-2013

dynasty007

They told me that the results will be posted today four hours ago.

They also told me that I can tell them if I didnt receive the email.

I donot think they post the winners first.

Fingers crossed!

So they will notify us by email and not through their portal researchnet

NSERC have sent an e-mail to my department telling them tha CGS/PSG results are now available oin the secure site (site that only the department can access).

The responsible goes to the site but didn't find anything.

Very strange ?

NSERC have sent an e-mail to my department telling them tha CGS/PSG results are now available oin the secure site (site that only the department can access).

Very strange ?

What??! are they joking?

Edited by GradStd

Very strange ?

Very strange. Do you mean your graduate office or personal department? Grad office should know first. Secured website makes it the simplest and fastest. How'd you get this information so quickly?

Haha. That's hilarious. All that trouble to post the results on a restricted website and they can't put it online for students. Tax dollars at work! :lol:. Keep us posted on if your office gets the results.

From which university are you MTL18 ?

I dont think McGill will email us the results since they beleive students get them the same time.

I'd agree with that. I don't expect an email from them. They aren't the best organized school and the idea of sending out 80 emails to the winners and indicating whether they are CGS or PGS seems mind-boggling for them ;) .

Still, will be nice to know if they have released the results. One would presume that once released online, they are in the mail or extremely close to being so

My grad studies office just responded to an email request I sent with this:

The Universities typically do not get the results of the NSERC PDF competition as we do not administer this competition. NSERC will notify you directly.

For the NSERC CGS/PGS competition (for master’s and doctoral students) the results are typically out March 31. However, this year we have been advised that we will not receive the results until the middle of April as NSERC is waiting for news regarding the federal and provincial budgets in case there needs to be cuts. I would imagine that this would affect the results of the PDF competition as well. So probably around the middle of April you will find out.

Just called NSERC and they told me that they have not sent out the results yet becuase of the delay in the budget announcement. They told me that they will send them out late this week or early next week.

Edited by UBC2012

Just called NSERC and they told me that they have not sent out the results yet becuase of the delay in the budget announcement. They told me that they will send them out late this week or early next week.

So no results before next week ...