NYU Wagner Fall 2009

Couldnt find a forum for Fall 2009. Wanted to ask everyone applying for this term how their apps are going. I turned mine in on the 12th. They are still missing my transcripts because they havent gone through all the mail yet. :-/

Where else is everyone applying---NYU top choice?

• 2 weeks later...

I think you should be fine. They sometimes take a while to update the online status. If youre still worried though Im sure you can call and ask.

Im getting impatient waiting to hear from them! I'd love to end up in NYC...but Im not too confident I'll get in. We shall see though.

Any ideas when we start getting notified?

Given last year's results page, I thought we might hear something from NYU starting late last week...clearly I am in the wrong!

I wonder how closely schools adhere to previous decision-making schedules, or if these change from year to year. While I am guessing the latter makes more sense (no incoming class/mitigating factors--cough the economy cough-- can be the same), I'm still hoping to hear soon! I'm starting to get a little obsessive about checking my email...

My application has been complete since the end of November and I have yet to hear anything. Their website indicates that they review applications on a rolling basis beginning in October, so I called. The woman whom I spoke with said that all decision letters will be mailed at the same time--at the end of March.

This seems like a very long time to me (over 4 months after my application has been complete and much later than last year). But, I think this may be because they have experienced an overwhelming increase in applications, as noted by the program director at one of the online chat sessions.

Hey folks,

I'm there there with you. Applied before the funding deadline and it's just a waiting game from here on out.

Question: Has anyone's application been changed recently? More specifically, I found that my financial aid info, namely the yes or no part of "do you wish to be considered for merit scholarships" changed from yes to no, and I had to call the office to fix it. Has anyone had a similar problem?

And what's the news about an overwhelming amount of applicants? Bad news....

Does anyone know what the acceptance rate is for the program and what the average GPA is?

Many thanks, buds.

Question: Has anyone's application been changed recently? More specifically, I found that my financial aid info, namely the yes or no part of "do you wish to be considered for merit scholarships" changed from yes to no, and I had to call the office to fix it. Has anyone had a similar problem?

wow thanks for letting me know this. for some reason mine was checked off NO as well. i am going to call the office now to make sure they switch it. i wonder if it was changed to no b/c my application didn't go 'complete' until a couple of days after the deadline.....

wow thanks for letting me know this. for some reason mine was checked off NO as well. i am going to call the office now to make sure they switch it. i wonder if it was changed to no b/c my application didn't go 'complete' until a couple of days after the deadline.....

I had the same thing happen to me. Looks like they are really trying to avoid having to give out any scholarships or money. Hmph.

wow, me too. Thanks to whoever caught this.

when I called, I just asked whether this was a system-wide problem and they responded that they're looking into it and not sure what caused it. in any case, if you applied there, you might want to check your application again...

haha...nooo. i dont want to randomly run into him! Though he does work near NYU, so it would probably happen. At this point Im not too confident Ill even get into NYU...but you never know.

Im holding out for cornell. the program is a perfect match with my interests...so im hoping that will pull me over to the accept side. its super small...last year the program only had about 40 applicants. crossing my fingers.

A co-worker (and current Wagner student) recently met with the Director of Admissions. The number of applications by the January 15 deadline was 20% higher than ever before. Results will be mailed to everyone at the same time at the end of March.

Thanks for the info! I wasn't feeling confident I would get in, and now with 20% more competition than normal, I am definitely not feeling confident. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Haha, agreed.

Its comforting to know that everyone is getting mailed at the same time.

Yet, I wasnt sure before, and with the 20% increase Im even more worried.

Gotta keep the head up though! March is around the corner.

Did anyone NOT give GRE/GMAT score for the application?

Does anyone know if there is an admitted students day, or some sort of open house/orientation before we would make a decision? It seems that if we need to decide by April 15th, and they are only going to notify us at the end of March, that is not enough time for me to get time off from work and set up travel plans.

Is it the end of March yet?

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, after getting all my app materials (LoRs, GREs, transcripts) submitted in December 2008 (and listed as "received" on the ApplyYourself system) and sending in the application on January 12, 2009, the online status has been changed to "Incomplete" and the scholarship consideration box has been changed to "No."

So I called Wagner and they told me that one of the two LoRs is not in my file...which is bogus because I know it was sent in and listed as received by Wagner as of early December 2008!

Either I can now send in another LoR by the regular June 1 deadline (without scholarship consideration) or just re-apply later for a Fall 2010 admission cycle...

Well, at least now I know not to wait for NYU in the mail...!@*#!()@$*)!$*!

PS: Next time, I'll make sure to take a digital photo of my computer screen saying the application is submitted and complete!