Ford Foundation Fellowship 2011-2012

AnnzPB

Thanks for sharing psychedelic and almanza1.

I still haven't received an email. Guess I'll be waiting until Monday :( Anyone else still waiting?

I haven't received an email either :( (applied for the dissertation fellowship)

Does anyone know if there is any rhyme or reason to their notification procedure? Do they send them by area? Alphabetically? Award type? Some combination of the above?? Does it even mean anything if you haven't been notified yet?

I applied predoc and got honorable mention. I'm not completely familiar with this fellowship--how hard is it to get HM? It seems they take larger % than NSF.

Those who are alternates, what discipline are u? How many alternates do we think there are per discipline? Not that I'm biased or anything, but I hope there were anthro people lucky enough to have been awarded other more enticing offers...decline decline!! Haha

I've called a couple times today already and nobody answers so their offices may simply be closed for Easter Monday. Has anyone gotten an email today?

No email yet. If they aren't answering the phone then they're probably closed.

http://academicjobs....tion_Fellowship

Anyone who hasn't received an email needs to contact Ford. Looks like they had no idea that people did not receive emails.

Thanks for this info grader_ade. I called and just as you said, they seemed to be entirely unaware that a good many of us had not received an email. They said to send an email to infofell@nas.edu to inquire about the status.

Finally got the email, didn't get the fellowship. Seems everyone who has received it this late is an applicant for the dissertation fellowship and is getting an HM. Sounds a bit fishy but probably just my paranoia.

It's totally fishy. I'm requesting the feedback from my reviewers!

Hello. Im not sure if anyone has this problem. I tried calling the Ford foundation and emailing but haven't received a response.

If you get the ford foundation and plan on changing institutions are you allowed to take the funds with you?