MPH CANADA FALL 2012 APPLICANTS

niche22

@Ginnie.. I had also contacted the grad secretary. She said the same thing to me. Than I emailed the college of graduate studies and research. They said they were still reviewing the applications and approving them. I got the email last night. I hope you shall get one soon as well. The reviewing process is still going on. Do not worry. I know its hard. But trust me GOD will make for you as he has done for me.

@Dentist24. I got an email only without any letters or something. It stated that the letter is on its way. So am waiting for the letter. They have asked me to accept or reject the application without any deadline. Have you accepted the offer or not yet. I haven't even got any link about my fees or something.

Good news Anant, I have already accepted the offer. Did you apply to other universities?

Hi! I noticed that some of you got accepted to the epidemiology stream at U of T. I was just wondering how long it took to receive a letter with the decision after you sent in your official transcripts? I got an email earlier this week about sending my transcripts, and the status of my application online has been changed to decision made, but I have no idea what the decision is. Do they send you something by mail or email? I just can't wait to find out!

Hi! I noticed that some of you got accepted to the epidemiology stream at U of T. I was just wondering how long it took to receive a letter with the decision after you sent in your official transcripts? I got an email earlier this week about sending my transcripts, and the status of my application online has been changed to decision made, but I have no idea what the decision is. Do they send you something by mail or email? I just can't wait to find out!

Hi epidemiology2012,

I got my letter 2-3 days after they sent the e-mail re: official transcripts.

Good news Anant, I have already accepted the offer. Did you apply to other universities?

@Dentist. I have applied to the same university for a different course as well. I just accepted the offer as I have not got any reply from the other faculty. But I guess I will move on with MPH. Now what is the next step after accepting the offer? How do choose the core and everything? Like I have nothing on my hand. I am completely blank. What follows next? When is it starting? When do we have to report? What document do we have to show to the visa officer??

Has anyone who applied to UVic's distance MPH program heard anything? I called the department last week and was told they should be letting people know this week. I keep checking my online application status but still says 'interim review.' I'm not sure if they are letting successful applicants know by email or mail, the suspense is torturous!

Congratulations to both of you...I'm still impatiently waiting for a response from UofT and it doesn't seem to be looking good.

My question for both of you is: by when do you need to respond to your offer?

Many thanks!

@MPH_EPI_GlobalHealth

My letter said I needed to respond by next Friday (30th).

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to update the forum on my applications and final decision. Although I was not accepted into the UBC program, I was accepted into my top choice, LSHTM. I'll be heading over to London to study in the fall. One school's trash is another school's treasure, and that's a-okay with me!

Congratulations to everyone on their successful applications, and best of luck to those still waiting.

Applied: UBC (MPH), LSHTM (MSc Public Health), Imperial College (MPH)

Accepted: LSHTM (MSc Public Health), Imperial College (MPH)

Rejected: UBC (MPH)

Hi,

I've just received my letter of acceptance to U of T's MPH epi stream, and am waiting on a reply from Guelph. I'm trying to decide between an MPH and an MSc in molecular epi at Queen's.

I was wondering whether anybody here is currently in the MPH epi program at U of T, and what your thoughts are about the program and the newly hired director and strategic plan for the next few years? Any advice would be amazing!

Thanks and good luck to everyone! :)

Hi All,

Anybody know how long does it take SFU to send final offer of admissions after the recommendation email?

And is the recommendation email a clear sign of confirmed admission?

i am new to this forum and your help shall be appreciated.

@ Anant : thanks for your concern, am yet to hear from U of S after the recommendation email. I sent an email to the CGSR on Monday but got no reply till date. In any case I'll keep you posted and be in contact to share thoughts on the registration process, Visa, Housing and every other preparations peculiar to an International student.

@ Anant : thanks for your concern, am yet to hear from U of S after the recommendation email. I sent an email to the CGSR on Monday but got no reply till date. In any case I'll keep you posted and be in contact to share thoughts on the registration process, Visa, Housing and every other preparations peculiar to an International student.

@ AAAAAA : This will be my 1st time applying to a graduate school in Canada so I do not have an accurate answer to your question but to help you I just thought I should let you know that I got a Recommendation email from U of S on the 23rd of Feb and am yet to get the Official Offer from the school. Most applicants received their official offer from U of S on 2nd-3rd of March and some others just last week.

I gathered from this forum that no applicant has heard from SFU after the recommendation email so relax and believe that immediately offers begin to go out from SFU that you'll get yours sooner than later. I am waitlisted at SFU so I've still got some time to wait to hear from them, hopefully I'll be accepted finally. Take Care.

Hi All,

I am a fellow MPH applicant -- I applied to UBC (rejected) and UWaterloo (haven't heard back). Unfortunately, while my grades, GPA, GRE scores are all great, I don't have any public health related experience outside undergrad volunteering. I don't know what my chances are with Waterloo so I am just keeping my fingers crossed.

thankfully, I did get admission into University of Illinois in Chicago for their distance learning MPH program. However, I'm not sure what my prospects would be post-graduation with regards to finding work in the canadian public health field? (I completed my undergrad at Duke). Any one have any experience with this?

Thanks!

MamaZee

Hey guys,

FYI, I received a rejection letter from UofT epi today. My status online still says "under review," and the letter was dated March 16th. I'm currently a 4th year student, my GPA for the last 2 years is 3.8, but overall it's 3.4, I have lab research experience (2 summers) and some volunteer experience (but not really in a public health setting). Hope that helps anyone who is still waiting.

Good luck to those still waiting, and congrats to those who have been accepted!!

Accepted: UBC

Rejected: SFU, UofT

Waiting: Dal, Memorial, York, Queen's

Hey guys,

FYI, I received a rejection letter from UofT epi today. My status online still says "under review," and the letter was dated March 16th. I'm currently a 4th year student, my GPA for the last 2 years is 3.8, but overall it's 3.4, I have lab research experience (2 summers) and some volunteer experience (but not really in a public health setting). Hope that helps anyone who is still waiting.

Good luck to those still waiting, and congrats to those who have been accepted!!

Accepted: UBC

Rejected: SFU, UofT

Waiting: Dal, Memorial, York, Queen's

sorry to hear about UofT, Did you got any pubs from your summer research? your last 2 yrs gpa is pretty decent tho. I have similar stat so I am wondering

@Dentist24

Hey I do not know what to do now. I have accepted the offer and will be joining. My status changed to applicant accept online. Now??

Congrats Anant, you are going to get a email ( with links for fee and other details ) and post mail from CGSR containing letter of offer of admission. Then you would get another mail to get yourself registered with PAWS. One can now apply for Visa with that Hard Copy of letter of offer of admission. Wait for couple of days. Good Luck.