MPH CANADA FALL 2012 APPLICANTS

niche22

I rejected both my uvic offer and Waterloo offer! I told Ualberta I will get back to them soon until I hear back from local schools.

@mph000 I wonder the same thing for TAing

Anyone know what the status for uoft Epi is? I am still waiting on them.

Jokkie, just like you, am yet to receive my official letter from the CGSR U of S after the Recommendation Email Letter I received on March 233rd. I noticed that your location is Nigeria and am in Nigeria too. So it could be a peculiar issue probably vetting of Transcripts and other documents is taking time in Naija Uni's.

eeehh......i received an official acceptance e- mail from CGSR u of s yesterday, i am so glad!

@GInnie , any news from your end?

Has anyone heard anything from UofT this week regarding acceptances/rejections/waitlists? :P

I rejected both my uvic offer and Waterloo offer! I told Ualberta I will get back to them soon until I hear back from local schools.

@mph000 I wonder the same thing for TAing

Anyone know what the status for uoft Epi is? I am still waiting on them.

I received a standard rejection letter from U of T Epi in the mail on April 9th. It was dated April 3rd.

I also received an email from U of A notifying me that I was on their waiting list.

I had to accept Waterloo's offer 3 weeks ago because I am still waiting for the official offers from McGill and SFU. Grrr, it seems both universities are notoriously slow about this process. McGill is still my first choice so I hope nothing goes wrong this late in the game. My undergrad GPA is low and McGill's Graduate office is rather strict about these things.

I have heard nothing from both Guelph and Queens. Since other people have received admission offers from Guelph, I'm guessing that my application was unsuccessful there.

Hey folks,

Heard today that I am wait-listed at U of T for Health Promotion. Those accepted don't have to accept or decline until mid-May. Good luck to those still waiting, and congrats to those accepted!

Haha... I was waitlisted at UofT Health Promotion as well. Did they tell you how many people were "ranked" ahead of you? They told me there were at least 12 ahead of me. Not sure if those odds are good or not.

I accepted Waterloo's offer for now.

Haha... I was waitlisted at UofT Health Promotion as well. Did they tell you how many people were "ranked" ahead of you? They told me there were at least 12 ahead of me. Not sure if those odds are good or not.

I accepted Waterloo's offer for now.

Hey they said the same thing to me; at least 12 are ahead of me. The term "at least" is very vague and doesn't sit well with me lol. U of T is on a lot of people's top schools so I'm gonna start making preparations for Saskatchewan as I have already accepted their offer.

They said the same thing for me!! This is not looking good!

"I want to apologize for the delay in getting the results of our assessments communicated to you before this.

After reviewing more than 310 applications, the Admissions Committee in the Division of Social and Behavioural Sciences has placed you on a “long wait-list” of applicants for the Master of Public Health Program (Specialization in Health Promotion) at the Dalla Lana School of Public Health, University of Toronto. There are at least 12 people who are ranked ahead of you on this wait-list of applicants to the MPH health promotion program.

By May 18, we will have heard from those to whom we have made firm offers of a place in our Program. At the present time, we do not know whether we will need to extend offers to those on our wait-list. This year, there appears to be an unusually strong demand for our MPH Program; it is possible that few applicants will decline our offer of a place. We will let you know as soon as we are in a position to be more definitive.

I need to emphasize that future offers will only be made to those who have satisfied all pre-requisites, including: Successful completion of an undergraduate program, AND; Successful completion of a statistics course with a mid-B grade.

Please let me know if you DO NOT anticipate taking advantage of a future offer of a place"

Hey they said the same thing to me; at least 12 are ahead of me. The term "at least" is very vague and doesn't sit well with me lol. U of T is on a lot of people's top schools so I'm gonna start making preparations for Saskatchewan as I have already accepted their offer.

Lol. I'm guessing this ranking is probably not that useful then. I wonder how big their waitlist actually is because that could be an indicator of how many people have chances of getting in. :P Either way, good luck everyone! :)

I also received an official letter from SFU yesterday, but it's still for the departmental recommendation only. They had notified us of this previously by an informal email. However, this letter also carries an offer of funding! Now I'm torn between SFU and McGill.

Here's what the beginning says:

"On behalf of the Faculty of Health Sciences, I am pleased to inform you that the Faculty of Health Sciences Admissions Committee has recommended to the SFU Senate Graduate Studies Committee that you be admitted into the Master of Public Health - Environmental and Occupational Health program, beginning in the Fall 2012 semester. If our recommendation is approved, the office of the Dean of Graduate Studies will contact you directly with a formal admission letter.

To accept your offer of admission, please respond by e-mail to fhsgrads@sfu.ca no later than April 18, 2012. Upon your receipt of the Formal Admission letter, you will have two weeks to pay the admission deposit of $250 to secure your place in the program."

...still haven't received my official acceptance for UofT health promotion and it's been more than 2 weeks since I got the unofficial email. My mailing address is in Montréal so it should have arrived by now. I've called 2 or 3 times in the last few days but no one ever picks up, and they haven't answered my emails either. Anyone in a similar situation? Has anyone received their official offer for hp in the mail? I know they are busy but....they did receive almost 40 grand from application fees alone for hp. One would think they could put them to good use and communicate with us:)!

Edited by dr.p

Hi dr. p

Congrats on getting accepted! I received mine in the mail 4 weeks after the unofficial email... they mentioned they were backed up with sending out official offers. So hopefully nothing to worry about if its late!

Hi dr. p

Congrats on getting accepted! I received mine in the mail 4 weeks after the unofficial email... they mentioned they were backed up with sending out official offers. So hopefully nothing to worry about if its late!

Thanks bre...! Are you in hp too? I'm a bit confused since I got the unofficial acceptance April 2nd and they told me that was the first round. But that was less than a month ago. Are you in Epi? I'm somewhat anxious since in the original email they stressed that we have to respond to the official offer within 2 weeks that they mail it out, and apparently they sent them out before Easter.

Hi everyone! I sent an email to check my status and got an email back saying I've been accepted To UoFT MPH for epidemiology and will get an email soon. My question is does this mean I have to send an official transcript? Her email did not say anything about this.

I also reviewed a 5000 dollar scholarship from Ualberta that I will most likely be rejecting if my acceptance from UofT is confirmed. They told me I must respond by April 20.

Edited by MPHopeful

Hi everyone! I sent an email to check my status and got an email back saying I've been accepted To UoFT MPH for epidemiology and will get an email soon. My question is does this mean I have to send an official transcript? Her email did not say anything about this.

I also reviewed a 5000 dollar scholarship from Ualberta that I will most likely be rejecting if my acceptance from UofT is confirmed. They told me I must respond by April 20.

Hi, who did you email and how long did it take for them to get back to you.

Thanks!