MPH CANADA FALL 2012 APPLICANTS

niche22

I was officially accepted to Queen's as well and just received an email notifying me that I can formally accept or decline the offer on their website until April 30. Pretty ecstatic right now - McGill and Queen's were my top two choices :)

This means that I will be formally declining SFU's offer today and my spot should hopefully go to the next person the waiting list.

Congrats to all the people who have been accepted into their programs of choice and best of luck to those still waiting!

Hi everyone! I sent an email to check my status and got an email back saying I've been accepted To UoFT MPH for epidemiology and will get an email soon. My question is does this mean I have to send an official transcript? Her email did not say anything about this.

I also reviewed a 5000 dollar scholarship from Ualberta that I will most likely be rejecting if my acceptance from UofT is confirmed. They told me I must respond by April 20.

Did you receive the scholarship offer after you formally accepted their offer (Alberta) ?

Hey all - finally received my official acceptance from UofT today, with funding! I will be going there for sure so I will be turning down UBC's offer (so someone is going to get a sweet entrance scholarship and someone else will be accepted off the waitlist) and LSHTM. Best of luck to all still waiting:)

I was officially accepted to Queen's as well and just received an email notifying me that I can formally accept or decline the offer on their website until April 30. Pretty ecstatic right now - McGill and Queen's were my top two choices :)

This means that I will be formally declining SFU's offer today and my spot should hopefully go to the next person the waiting list.

Congrats to all the people who have been accepted into their programs of choice and best of luck to those still waiting!

Congrats on getting accepted at both your top choices! They are both amazing schools. Have you decided which one you will pick between Queens and McGill? I am still waiting to hear back from Queens.

Edited by epidemiology2012

Did you receive the scholarship offer after you formally accepted their offer (Alberta) ?

Hey! I didn't formally accept yet. I asked to let them know after the deadline. Their deadline to accept or decline was April 13. I asked for a extention to April 24. I got an email back saying that's fine. But then a week later I received the scholarship email but I must respond by April 20th. Most likely will be declining. Just waiting on my official acceptance from UofT.

Hi, who did you email and how long did it take for them to get back to you.

Thanks!

Hi! I emailed the graduate director and assistant who forwarded my email to Dr. Nancy Krieger. She responded back the following day. I got their email of the Dalla Lana school of public Health website under contact Us I believe.

Best of luck!

Edited by MPHopeful

@ Linten, congrats on your acceptance into your top choices.

Which stream of MPH did you apply to in SFU? Am waitlisted for SFU Global Health and praying to get accepted off their waitlist.

Which stream of MPH did you apply to in SFU? Am waitlisted for SFU Global Health and praying to get accepted off their waitlist.

I really can't thank you all enough for posting your acceptances and rejections as they come! It's been really helpful to have an idea as to what is going on with their admissions process.

I just found out that I got wait-listed at UofT's Epi program. I don't know how many people are before me. I ended up emailing Nancy Kreiger (Division head) and she confirmed that I was on the wait-list.

So my question now...Is it likely that I'll eventually get an offer? It looks as if people who get their Epi offers accept their offers almost immediately.

Many thanks!

Hey! I didn't formally accept yet. I asked to let them know after the deadline. Their deadline to accept or decline was April 13. I asked for a extention to April 24. I got an email back saying that's fine. But then a week later I received the scholarship email but I must respond by April 20th. Most likely will be declining. Just waiting on my official acceptance from UofT.

OK, I see. I also asked for an extension because I just had an interview with my top choice and am waiting to hear back. Best of luck with waiting it out!

\

@linten: Congrats on your acceptances! Can you please tell me when you received your acceptance email from Queen's? I also applied there (for the Jan deadline), but I haven't heard back from them yet, and I'm getting worried.

@ Anant, am yet to receive the official email offer of admission from U of S since after the recommendation email. I emailed them and they replied that the unexpected admission work load is causing the delay.

Congrats on getting accepted at both your top choices! They are both amazing schools. Have you decided which one you will pick between Queens and McGill? I am still waiting to hear back from Queens.

Thank you! My preference is for McGill - I'm a Quebec resident and it's my alma mater. It's been 6 weeks since their unofficial offer though, while the offer from Queen's this week was a formal one.

Thank you! I applied to the Environmental and Occupational Health stream. I'm not sure if my spot will automatically go to someone who applied to the same stream as me though.

@linten: Congrats on your acceptances! Can you please tell me when you received your acceptance email from Queen's? I also applied there (for the Jan deadline), but I haven't heard back from them yet, and I'm getting worried.

Thank you! I also applied for the Jan deadline. I received the unofficial email from the MPH Graduate Secretary on April 16 and then the official email from the Graduate Studies office on April 18. My website status has changed and I have the option to accept or decline the offer until April 30.

Edited by linten

HI everybody, does anyone know how many students Uvic takes and by when they make decisions. I know the first round of offers were sent out 3-4 weeks ago. I am still hoping to get in but haven't heard back from UVic MPH. I contacted them today and they said they are in the process of finalizing..any details or insights will be appreciated.

Here's some info about Waterloo:

I spoke to the student coordinator about the offers. She said that all of the decisions have been made. There were over 400 applicants and 55 full-time equivalent spots available, so there's about 70 spots if there's some part-timers. When an offer is made, the applicant has two weeks to respond to it.

If you did not receive a decision, you have been waitlisted. There are 40 applicants on this list and I am one of them. She was able to tell me what my rank was.

Hope that helps!

To the USask crew:

I applied to the distance MPH program and was told the decisions for the distance program would be coming out in late-April. So, when I checked my application status today, the decision said "Dept Recommend". Does this mean the good news that I think it means?! What did it say for you all when you became accepted? Not sure if I should call the department or wait patiently for an email...

Hi MPHeh....i guess it's positive..my decision status read the same up until i got the acceptance, i assumed that it meant you could be a potential candidate for the program so keep your head up! best of luck!

Hi all,

Sorry if someone else asked this already but can someone post on the pros and cons of the following schools:

1) UBC for MPH

2) U of T for MPH - epidemiology

I have been accepted to both and want to make a decision between these two schools ASAP.

Thank you in advance.

I received my official acceptance to uoft epi today. The final date to accept or decline is may3rd. I accepted today. And sent in my official transcript. I will be rejecting all other offers.

Uvic

Alberta

Waterloo

Usask

SFU - Waitlisted

Guelph

Memorial (have not heArd back)

Queens (have not heard back)

Best of luck everyone!

I received my official acceptance to uoft epi today. The final date to accept or decline is may3rd. I accepted today. And sent in my official transcript. I will be rejecting all other offers.

Uvic

Alberta

Waterloo

Usask

SFU - Waitlisted

Guelph

Memorial (have not heArd back)

Queens (have not heard back)

Best of luck everyone!

Hah I knew you'd go for UofT. See you there:)

I will be rejecting UBC, LSHTM, and Oxford for those wait-listed. Best of luck!

Hii Everyone,

It has been great and fun sharing and reading from all of you. I received my official acceptance into SFU for my MPH in Environmental and Occupational Health yesterday. I am wishing all the best for those still waiting for their offers or to make their final decision.

For those already accepted to SFU i believe we shall have a great academic year for i am looking forward for September.

@Linten, are you finally decided on pursuing SFU?

For all those accepted into USASK, @Dentist24, Anant, Ginnie, and everyone else; unfortunately i have to decline my U of S offer. The SFU official offer is really appealing. I wish we could all stay in touch even after joining our prospecting schools. Anyone wishing to stay in touch you are welcome to message my inbox. Till then lets all strive for the best in our endevours while always staying focus as we impact communites plus the rest of the world in our various fields of Public Health. Once again, THANKS SO MUCH EVERYONE AS IT HAS BEEN FUN AND EXCITING!

Hii Everyone,

It has been great and fun sharing and reading from all of you. I received my official acceptance into SFU for my MPH in Environmental and Occupational Health yesterday. I am wishing all the best for those still waiting for their offers or to make their final decision.

For those already accepted to SFU i believe we shall have a great academic year for i am looking forward for September.

@Linten, are you finally decided on pursuing SFU?

For all those accepted into USASK, @Dentist24, Anant, Ginnie, and everyone else; unfortunately i have to decline my U of S offer. The SFU official offer is really appealing. I wish we could all stay in touch even after joining our prospecting schools. Anyone wishing to stay in touch you are welcome to message my inbox. Till then lets all strive for the best in our endevours while always staying focus as we impact communites plus the rest of the world in our various fields of Public Health. Once again, THANKS SO MUCH EVERYONE AS IT HAS BEEN FUN AND EXCITING!

Congratulations Bloom-2012, gradually guys would take admissions in school of their choice and would part away, but I wish to remain friend with all of you, where ever you study. All the best and have great time.