MPH CANADA FALL 2012 APPLICANTS

niche22

When I logged into Bear Tracks, it shows my enrollment appointment as open. But I think we get paired up with a faculty/staff member to advise us? I don't know. I just accepted their offer so I'm waiting for them to get back to me now... whats your status? Are you a resident of Alberta?

I emailed the graduate secretary and she said that we do not need to enroll in courses because they have a set of core courses that we have to take. So they basically do it for us. No, I'm from Ontario, what about you?

I emailed the graduate secretary and she said that we do not need to enroll in courses because they have a set of core courses that we have to take. So they basically do it for us. No, I'm from Ontario, what about you?

I'm also from Ontario - Waterloo/Toronto. Maybe Health Promo is a little different? The Health Policy page showed me courses that I HAVE to take, and a list of electives that I have to get approved by my advisor (whoever that is). Shona just confirmed my acceptance today, so I'm assuming I'll get more information soon! Feel free to message me seeing as how we're both going from Ontario! I have a friend in Edmonton who can give us some advice.

Got my admission offer from SFU yesterday. The email read " Dear ... I am pleased to inform you that the Senate Graduate Committee has approved your admission to the health sciences MPH in Simon Fraser University for the 2012 Fall Term ... "

Got my admission offer from SFU yesterday. The email read " Dear ... I am pleased to inform you that the Senate Graduate Committee has approved your admission to the health sciences MPH in Simon Fraser University for the 2012 Fall Term ... "

Congratulation Ginnie, You got what you wished. Take care.

Ginnie,

Congratulations on your acceptance to SFU. Welcome to the SFU crew and i believe its going to be a fun academic year. All the best in the rest of your preparation.

@Zee2012, wishing you all the best as you wait for your offer. It will come at any moment from now.

@bloom~2012 : thanks you so much for the support =)))...Now I am getting really anxious and the wait is killing me.....

@Montrealer : Hey !! Am just curious ...can you please tell me what exactly the FHS people tell you when you called them .....

Thanks =))),,

@ Bloom2012,Zee2012,Dentist24: Thanks a lot.

@ Zee2012, Montrealer: your acceptance is on the way and its only in a little while since they've started rolling out to students accepted off the waitlist. Keep faith and hold out.

@ The SFU Crew: what's your take and plan on housing, Campus Residence or Off Campus? If off campus what's your plan to securing one? Please let's share thoughts on this.

@ Montrealer and Zee2012: I see you reside in Canada so its going to be easier for you both. I know you may not be thinking of housing yet since you're yet to get your official acceptance but once you do, do share your plans and thoughts.

You all can PM me if you don't want to share openly.

@Ginnie : Housing......Well relocating is always a pain ....hehe...!!!

Yeah I would love to share ....my plans once I get my final acceptance !!!,,,,

Thanks for the support =))),,,

@ The SFU Crew: what's your take and plan on housing, Campus Residence or Off Campus? If off campus what's your plan to securing one? Please let's share thoughts on this.

@ Montrealer and Zee2012: I see you reside in Canada so its going to be easier for you both. I know you may not be thinking of housing yet since you're yet to get your official acceptance but once you do, do share your plans and thoughts.

You all can PM me if you don't want to share openly.

I already have my housing arranged. If you have any questions about housing or the Vancouver area I'd be happy to answer them. I grew up not too far from SFU.

Edited by montrealer

@ Montrealer : That's awesome =)),,, well I was thinking of the SFU residence ....but I haven't applied for it yet. So as you said that you have already arranged your housing...if you don't mind,,, can you please tell me where exactly do you plan on staying ....

Thank you =))),,,

SFU Crew,

Its nice hearing from those who will be attending this Fall. Yes, about housing i am leaning towards off campus. With some great tips, advises, and research; i will be living off campus and having roomates will possibly minimize some costs. Any more ideas or thoughts are welcome.

@ Bloom2012 and SFU Crew,

SFU off campus Housing may be the best bet to avoid scams. Will also be good if one can get across to current SFU students whether in MPH program on not. There could be people looking for room mates or they'll give insight and advice on areas to go off. Just my thoughts. Am also thinking sharing housemates (sharing of common areas but getting one room and bath each) to reduce cost. I guess its too early to be seriously hunting now for september move in. Though its better early than late.

Hi There!

USask is multi disciplinary - Your courses focus on: bio stats, epi, enviro health sciences, Health service admin, social and behavioural sciences. There is a summer practicum that is mandatory. I have spoken to a few people who graduated from the program who are working in the field and they had positive things to say about the program, the profs and the amount of support their received throughout the program. The advice I would give you is to have a pretty good idea of what you want to do with your MPH. Do you plan to continue in academics, or work and if it is work what kind of organizations/research projects would interest you. I think this will help you pick the schools that meet your needs and ensure that not only are you going to school for the right reasons but that it is a good investment for you. Let me know if I can help in any other way!

That's awesome, good for you! If you don't mind would you be able to give me some more info about the program at U Sask ? I've read a ton about the MPH programs at U of T, Queens, SFU, U of Alberta, UBC and U of Manitoba but I actually don't know much about U Sask.

What's really important to me is being able to do some form of focus / concentration on Global Health. From what you know, would this be possible with the program at U Sask? Is there a practicum? I'm looking at the website now but not having much look finding answers to my questions.

Thanks so much!

Hi everyone,

I would really want to know if anyone has heard back from Memorial University. My status changed to 'decision made' on the 8th of May, but I havent gotten my letter yet and I have no idea what the decision is and the wait is getting really frustrating,

Hi everyone,

I would really want to know if anyone has heard back from Memorial University. My status changed to 'decision made' on the 8th of May, but I havent gotten my letter yet and I have no idea what the decision is and the wait is getting really frustrating,

Hi, same with me, i haven't received any mail or post mail. Also same happened with Manitoba university, i mailed them and inquired about my application status as it showed decision made and letter has been sent.

They immediately replied back by sending me a copy of letter which was sent on 28th March by post mail, but it didn't reach me. To my surprise they offered me $4000 scholarship. So I sent a mail to Memorial university, hope to hear something from them.