MPH CANADA FALL 2012 APPLICANTS

niche22

Hii Everyone,

It has been great and fun sharing and reading from all of you. I received my official acceptance into SFU for my MPH in Environmental and Occupational Health yesterday. I am wishing all the best for those still waiting for their offers or to make their final decision.

For those already accepted to SFU i believe we shall have a great academic year for i am looking forward for September.

@Linten, are you finally decided on pursuing SFU?

For all those accepted into USASK, @Dentist24, Anant, Ginnie, and everyone else; unfortunately i have to decline my U of S offer. The SFU official offer is really appealing. I wish we could all stay in touch even after joining our prospecting schools. Anyone wishing to stay in touch you are welcome to message my inbox. Till then lets all strive for the best in our endevours while always staying focus as we impact communites plus the rest of the world in our various fields of Public Health. Once again, THANKS SO MUCH EVERYONE AS IT HAS BEEN FUN AND EXCITING!

Congrats.... Bloom 2012..!!! I received an Official letter of Admission via email from the Health Sciences Department on 13th of April 2012 which I had to confirm before the deadline i.e 18th April 2012.

I am kind of confused as whether that letter is the Final Official Letter of Admission as it even said that upon receiving the Official letter one has to pay a deposit of $250 within two weeks.

Please if possible clarify whether that letter is the final letter of acceptance or I need to wait for another official letter of acceptance from the school.

Thank you

I just received an email from SFU, an informal admission I guess cos it states that the DGS still has to issue a formal offer of admission. I have to accept by sending an email before April 30. I'll just send the email accepting right away.

Hi everyone!

I've been pretty caught up with exams so I haven't had the chance to check the forum for a while but I finally received an official offer from U of T last week and accepted my offer today :) Thrilled and excited for September!

Hi all,

I just received my offer from U of Sask today!! Questions for the U of Sask crew @ Dentist24, Anant, Ginnie, I'm just wondering what are you guys doing about housing situation? Will you guys be living in U of Sask residents or off campus housing? Let me know your thoughts. Good luck to those who are still waiting!

Hi everyone, has anyone heard anything from Uvic? I know some offers have been made but I haven't received anything either way....I don't know if I am waitlisted or not..Do you guys know by when Uvic completes their admission into MPH?

thanks,

Hi all,

I just received my offer from U of Sask today!! Questions for the U of Sask crew @ Dentist24, Anant, Ginnie, I'm just wondering what are you guys doing about housing situation? Will you guys be living in U of Sask residents or off campus housing? Let me know your thoughts. Good luck to those who are still waiting!

Congratulations, I haven't decided yet, Let's discus all pros and cons.

@ Spinous, Congrats. I won't be able to answer your question as am yet to get my Offer of Admission from U of Saskatchewan since after the Recommendation email. I've made enquiries but was told in March that its due to unexpected workload which will be resolved in a week. I tried enquiring after 2weeks but have gotten no reply yet. Its almost a month + now and am yet to hear from them.

@Ht123: I learnt from an SFU student on this forum that the email copy of the Formal Admission Letter will be sent after the lengthy Recommendation email that says that an acceptance email should be sent to their email. It is when you receive the email copy of the Formal admission letter, that you will be required to & find details for paying the $250. When they confirm the $250 payment, the Hardcopy ie Paper copy of the Formal admission letter and Acceptance letter will now be sent to you. Am in the same shoe as you, just got of the waitlist and have received 2 emails of recommendations only. I had to send my email of acceptance no later than 30th April.

@Ht123: I learnt from an SFU student on this forum that the email copy of the Formal Admission Letter will be sent after the lengthy Recommendation email that says that an acceptance email should be sent to their email. It is when you receive the email copy of the Formal admission letter, that you will be required to & find details for paying the $250. When they confirm the $250 payment, the Hardcopy ie Paper copy of the Formal admission letter and Acceptance letter will now be sent to you. Am in the same shoe as you, just got of the waitlist and have received 2 emails of recommendations only. I had to send my email of acceptance no later than 30th April.

@Ht123 also: I forgot to mention that the SFU student on this forum also informed me that he got the email copy of his Formal Admission letter 1 week after receiving the recommendation and accepting through email. He then paid the $250 and after one week, got the Hard/Paper in his mail. Just thought you may wonder and would like to know. But I guess the time frame in receiving the Hard/Paper in the mail might differ from country to country.

hey has anyone received an official acceptance letter from u of a?

Hey, no not yet... I e-mailed Shona 2 weeks ago and she said that we should hear back from the College of Grad studies about confirmed acceptance by the last week of April-beginning of May....

What program did you get admitted to for UofA?

@

gradcafe123

I got accepted to the global health stream - how about you? did you get any scholarship? or will it say in our official acceptance?

Health Promotion Studies... I think in our official acceptance. I'm still debating between UofA and another school at this point....what about you?

@MPH0000: I also got accepted off the waitlist into MPH-Global Health Stream. The Recommendation email didn't include any funding. We'll see if any will be offered when we get the Formal Admission Letter. The SFU student I mentioned earlier in my posts was given $2000.

To Usask crew...Just got off the phone with the admissions. I did receive the official letter in the mail earlier this week...for those wondering about housing...they do not offer housing for graduate students, so grad students have to find an apartment off campus, they also do not offer any graduate assistant programs as the programs is not so much research based.... only teaching assistant programs in the second year...and even those are rare, there isn't also a lot of scholarships to offer but for whatever they have to offer...all students are automatically considered based on previous academic standing...just thought to share :-)

to UofA (Alberta) MPH applicants - last I heard was a month ago, telling me that the FGSR is going to review my application, but that's all. do any of you know if all candidates should be hearing by now, or just some?