MSW Admission for Fall 2012

parkk20

I applied to University at Buffalo and at Albany for Social Work for Fall 2012. I am in that drag period where I am eagerly awaiting a response. I particularly want to get into Buffalo, does anyone know about their response time for any grad programs???? (applied right before Halloween and their deadline is March) ill even take statistics on their acceptance rates, I have googled them and come up with nothing. Someone help me out I'm driving myself & my boyfriend a little crazy. Thanks! Oh and anyone who is experiencing similiar anxiety please feel free to discuss on this thread

• 2 weeks later...

I applied to Hunter's Silberman School of Social Work for Fall 2012 on 12/9 and when I log in it just says that the application is complete and everything has been submitted... although I'm wondering when they will start reviewing it! I thought they looked at them on a rolling basis or as the applications come in? Anyone applied to Hunter for the full-time program starting in the Fall of 2012? Heard anything?

Thanks and take care.

Hi! I originally applied to Hunter's accelerated program (spring start). So I had my application and all other materials in by the deadline of oct 1. They asked me for an interview at the end of October, and scheduled my interview for Nov 2. On Dec 5 I received my acceptance letter.

I have since deferred by admission until the fall 2012 semester, however they did start looking at the fall 2012 applicants because I notified them during my interview that I would not be doing the accelerated program,

I applied to SFSU's program, just got my app done last week. I think I am competitive, but I am worried about the 17.4% admissions rate that I am reading about online. I didn't realize it was so low when I started my application, and I had finished it before I read that number. Oh well, I'm not too worried. Also plan to apply to USC's full time program, as well as a few Sociology grad programs.

• 4 weeks later...

I applied to Albany, Hunter, and Fordham's 2 year MSW programs for Fall 2012. I completed them mid December... Although, one of my recommendation professors didn't submit until last week.

What were everyone's stats like?

I have:

- 3.76 (Social Science, not Social Work)

- Honors program

- Alpha Chi

- Pi Gamma Mu

- Social Work Club

- Two outside school Internships in social work private practice and county wide non profit case management

- Two years direct patient practice within long term care and acute care hospitals.

- Four letters of recommendation.. one from my internship from a private practice LCSW who graduated from Hunter, the director of the social work program at my college, field work director from my college, and my honors project mentor.

- I have also taken three undergrad social work courses, and one of my minors is in psych.

*BUT.... During my associates degree and some non-matric work shortly after, I was a crap student... (I have one F, that I retook and got an A..., and a couple D's on my transcripts from my Associates work, but still managed to finish my AA with a 3.16..) Once I started my Bachelors seriously though is when I started completing/working on all the above.

YARG!

• 4 weeks later...

Update! I got an interview request from Hunter today! It's on February 24th! I called about acceptance letters too. They stated they are not rolling, and letters will go out end of March to the first week of April. Still haven't heard anything from Albany or Fordham. But Albany told me I should receive notification about the same time as Hunter's, and Fordham stated it was about 1 month from the submission of all of your materials. If that's the case, I should be hearing from Fordham any day now.