Applications!!!!!!!!!!!!

akaplan

I went a little crazy with the applications: UC Berkeley, Columbia, UT Austin, University of Washington, University of Pennsylvania, Catholic University, Virginia Commonwealth, NYU, Boston University and University of Maryland Baltimore. Phew!

When did you apply?? I had it in by the deadline, and now I'm just waiting.

I submitted my application on December 13th. They sent me an e-mail saying that it was complete and in review on December 17th. This decision definitely arrived faster than I thought it would. They only give 3 weeks for you to make your decision and give them a deposit and there's no way the other schools I applied to will get back to me in that amount of time. Ugh! Any way, good luck!

I submitted my application on December 13th. They sent me an e-mail saying that it was complete and in review on December 17th. This decision definitely arrived faster than I thought it would. They only give 3 weeks for you to make your decision and give them a deposit and there's no way the other schools I applied to will get back to me in that amount of time. Ugh! Any way, good luck!

Oh no, I submitted my application in November, and I never recieved any email...This is not good.

I've applied to UT-Austin, UGA, Boston College, UCONN and Texas State. I'm really hoping for UT-Austin, though.

Rivka- when did you apply to UT? I feel like it's going to take them a while to get back to us since it's such a large school!

Michelle,

I applied to UT on December 13th. I just got a letter from them and freaked out thinking they'd already made a decision. Of course it was just a letter confirming that my application was complete. It's now been about 6 weeks and their letter said that I should get a decision 6 to 8 weeks from now. But yeah they are big so I can't blame them for taking a while!

Ohio State

I only applied to one school. :wacko: I originally intended to apply to Case Western, U Michigan, and Simmons also, but generally realized during my applications that even if I did get in the other schools but didn't get in to OSU, I wouldn't end up going there (except maybe Case, but the cost is outside my ideal budget).

My application to NYU, Fordham, Hunter, and SUNY Albany were complete on Dec. 2. Received an acceptance letter from Fordham Jan. 25! While Fordham is not where I would prefer to attend, it isn't a bad option....

• 2 weeks later...

I'm applying to Michigan, PENN, Boston University, WUSTL, UCLA, USC, and Berkeley.. I oscillate between ridiculous optimism and crippling despair at my prospects.

All right, so I'm being a little hyperbolic, but the waiting is starting to gnaw at me.

Good luck to everyone!

I applied to Columbia, Penn, UNC, and Berkeley. Still waiting on the last two.

I have my interview with penn tomorrow, so nervous!

The penn interview is very laid back. Make sure you read over your resume and personal statement and are familiar enough to answer any questions. This may be helpful if you haven't seen it yet:

http://sp2admissionsblog.blogspot.com/2012/01/admission-interview-what-applicants.html

Smith, U.Denver, WashU, U.South Florida, and Westfield State (where I went for undergrad, I know no one's ever heard of it for MSW programs...they just started one two years ago). MissH, I see you're from Mass too - did you want to stay in state specifically, or did it just happen to end up that the schools you wanted to go to were all in the area? When did you apply for Smith? I'm wondering what the average rate of response is...

On 2/9/2012 at 5:06 PM, katiemk1230 said:

Smith, U.Denver, WashU, U.South Florida, and Westfield State (where I went for undergrad, I know no one's ever heard of it for MSW programs...they just started one two years ago). MissH, I see you're from Mass too - did you want to stay in state specifically, or did it just happen to end up that the schools you wanted to go to were all in the area? When did you apply for Smith? I'm wondering what the average rate of response is...

Wow, I am embarassed to admit I did not know Westfield State had a program. I would have checked it out, oh well.

I am only applying to programs in MA because I want to practice/get licenced/build a network in MA. I applied for Smith'searly decision in early December, got everything in by the deadline.

Michelle,

I applied to UT on December 13th. I just got a letter from them and freaked out thinking they'd already made a decision. Of course it was just a letter confirming that my application was complete. It's now been about 6 weeks and their letter said that I should get a decision 6 to 8 weeks from now. But yeah they are big so I can't blame them for taking a while!

Rivka,

I just saw your reply to my question, please disregard the other message I had sent you! Thanks for the information! Congratulations!