The downside of applying to 47 programs...

Just kidding, I didn't apply to 47 programs, only 11. But either way, I am now freaking out trying to keep track of every program and who received what and who is missing what and where the fuck are my transcripts and what do you mean you don't have my writing sample and WHY hasn't ETS sent my scores yet?!!

Yeah, anyone else going through this right now? I wish every school had an awesome application status page like WUSTL does: clean, easy to navigate, updated frequently.

It feels like a guessing game unless you hound the people in the admissions office (and even that doesn't always help! One representative at a school that shall remain nameless told me, "Yeah...I don't really know about transcripts...uhm...try calling later, maybe you'll talk to someone else").

I applied to 14 schools so I definitely feel your pain. My solution: lots and lots of excel spreadsheets. You have to be ridiculously organized to keep track of everything. For example, I have one spreadsheet that keeps track of all the dates that I submitted things (application submitted, app fee submitted, transcript sent, gre sent, subject test sent) and if I need to mail anything (also the date it was mailed). I also have a spreadsheet to track when my letters were received (by LOR and school). Another spreadsheet for when the application was finish and confirmed by the school (including notes about how it was confirmed - online app, email, talking to a secretary).

Man, I freaking love spreadsheets. :)

Edited by pheonixx

I have folders on my desktop for each school individually, a written checklist, and email folders made. I hate excel.

Haha, same here! There's a folder on my desktop called GRAD SCHOOL!!! (three exclamation points) with more folders inside and more folders inside there. It is my matryoshka doll of grad school apps. Still, it's a pain to keep track of everything.

I have folders on my desktop for each school individually, a written checklist, and email folders made. I hate excel.

I have these folders in my Gmail account. What if your computer crashes?

Edited by Grunty DaGnome

I have folders on my desktop for every school. Left column is the done pile, right is to do. I have two huge spreadsheets with every bit of information on them, and I tack little notecards next to the front door with reminders. Bought my first flash drive just to backup stuff. 2012 here I come!