OGS Status Update Anyone?

tomj

I got notification on May 6 th last year, but results had started tricking out a couple days before that. They were not all released at the same time. I would guess results would be out late this week.

I'm not counting on this week. I found out I received another large scholarship from my home province, so OGS would just be a nice consolation. Too bad they limit the amount of other funding you can have.

Hi, does anyone know from other years if the result email notification is sent out at midnight--like previous emails sent out in February? Or is it instant? Trying not to obsessively check the website!

Yeah, I won a SSHRC so cannot accept OGS, but still want to win so I can fill in another line on my CV even if it is a deferred award.

You would not be able to defer an OGS (with the exception of compassionate grounds) if you are successful, you can only decline it, and this would give ppl on the waitlist a chance. Pretty sure you can still note that you received and reclined it on your CV. Congrats on SSHRC!

The OGS site now says, "students will not be able to access the OSAP website online applications and statuses from 7:00 am to 9:00 am on Thursday, May 3, 2012 in order to complete a scheduled update."

This is a good sign. Last year results started to trickle out after they would do system updates. Though they trickled out very slowly...

Also, last year I was wait-listed and never received an OGS. For those of you that will get the "wait-list" status try to assume you will not receive one. From my experience and that of others - you rarely ever get off the damn wait-list.

Edited by Jargon99

You would not be able to defer an OGS (with the exception of compassionate grounds) if you are successful, you can only decline it, and this would give ppl on the waitlist a chance. Pretty sure you can still note that you received and reclined it on your CV. Congrats on SSHRC!

My bad - not thinking about what I was typing. I meant to say decline. Listen to what I mean not what I say.

The OGS site now says, "students will not be able to access the OSAP website online applications and statuses from 7:00 am to 9:00 am on Thursday, May 3, 2012 in order to complete a scheduled update."

This is a good sign. Last year results started to trickle out after they would do system updates. Though they trickled out very slowly...

Also, last year I was wait-listed and never received an OGS. For those of you that will get the "wait-list" status try to assume you will not receive one. From my experience and that of others - you rarely ever get off the damn wait-list.

Where do you see that message on the site?

They could just be performing simple computer/server upgrades. Could have nothing to do with the results. Since government employees typically don't work on weekends, a Friday would be an ideal time to perform maintanance.

Just check and there are still no updates. The suspense is killing me... Why do they wait so long if they already have the information :(. It's early May!!

just now:

"your wait time is less than 5 minutes"

lovely piano music...

"all operators are currently busy, please be patient and wait on the line for the next available caller"

.... annoying piano music.....

"all operators are blahhhhhhhhhhhh"

.....10 minutes....

"you have probably been asked this question all week.... when will the results for the OGS program be announced?"

"they are currently working on this program right now"

"okay...so when do we find out the results?"

"i was told letters will be mailed out between 2-to-4 weeks from today".

"really?"

"yes"

"okay......will the results be updated online before the letters are mailed out?"

"they are currently working on this program right now..."

"i was told letters will be mailed out between 2-to-4 weeks from today".

"really?"

"yes"

"okay......will the results be updated online before the letters are mailed out?"

"they are currently working on this program right now..."

I hope "Currently working" does not translate to "the whole system is broken, and we can't call anyone in to fix it til next monday"

It probably means that they have the results ready to go, but someone in senior management still has to sign off on its release. Ontario government is all about approvals.

Either way the wait should not be long now. In any case, the official offers (letters) usually come 2 to 4 weeks after online notification.

Either way the wait should not be long now. In any case, the official offers (letters) usually come 2 to 4 weeks after online notification.

That's a really good sign!! I'm definitely going to keep myself busy so I don't just check 100 times a day. Good luck everyone :)