Faust: Graduate School Edition

So the Devil drives up to your grungy, unkempt apartment in his burnt umber Sierra. He tells Luca Brasi to keep the engine running and climbs out of the back seat. He steps up to your front door and rings the bell.

Before getting out of bed, you close your eyes and check that e-mail one last time. No news, of course. Then you roll into some sweatpants and open the door.

"Are you XX?" the Devil asks politely, checking his list.

"Yep."

"I hear you'd like to get into an English graduate program."

Your eyes bug out. "Yeah, how'd you know?"

"Never mind that," says the Devil. "Now listen up. You're going to make me an offer. First you pick which school you want me to get you in to. Then you tell me what you're willing to give up in order to get in. I'll confer with my associate" (he gestures towards Luca), "and we'll decide if your sacrifice is worthy. Sound good?"

Rules:

1. You can't give up a person

2. Most creative sacrifice wins the prize

Go.

Immortal soul is historically correct, of course, but Satan gets that all the time. Now, if you had a 1967 Ford Mustang with original paint, that might get his attention. Derek Jeter rookie card? Your favorite rabbit's foot? Your collection of vintage mint condition GI Joes?

Edited by MichaelK

For my sacrifice, I'm going to go with my entire first edition VHS collection (including some gems like Star Wars and Lion King), along with my Colts Peyton Manning jersey (won't be needing that anymore). I'd also give the devil any liquor from my cupboard...if I had any left. And, just for kicks, I'll make the devil and his associate a batch of my best barbacoa. Because no one can resist that shit.